Alloy radiator and swirl pot
Drilled discs all round
Green stuff pads
4 pot Willwood alloy front brake calipers
Adjustable front/rear brake balance
Modified Hayabusa clutch
High volume Hayabusa pump gear
Power Commander ECU
Gauges – Fuel, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp.
Push button start
Light weight GRP bucket seats with foam padding
Willans 4 point race harnesses
Uprated RAC roll bar
Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 alloy wheels
4 x Toyo Proxes R888 tyres
280mm steering wheel
Bolt on quick release steering wheel boss
Sealey oil syphon pump to help with oil changes

MOT to June 2014
Tax to Feb 2014
Mileage – 1152

I am selling this car below the market value due to a clunking noise that is being emitted from the back of the car when getting on or off the accelerator. I took the car to Northampton Motorsport to have an oil temperature sensor and gauge fitted and whilst there I asked them to investigate the noise.  They spent two hours with it on a rolling road and they couldn't find any wear or play or any reason for the noise so put it down to general transmission noise.  I later took the car to a local garage who thought the prop shaft uj joints could be worn so the prop shaft was removed and reconditioned by Bailey Morris, but this didn't make any difference.  I've described the noise to the guys at the Westfield factory and they suggest it may be the differential.  I've spoken to Road and Race Transmissions and they have quoted £200 plus vat plus parts to recondition it. I've been told that the only other cause could be the drives shafts and they are £200 plus vat each (including the CV joints) from Westfield and are kept in stock.  I'm selling the car due to lack of use and don't have the inclination to spend any more time sorting it out so somebody has the chance to grab a bargain.  It's worth noting that the car drives perfectly and the noise hasn't changed over the 18 months I've owned it, during which time I've covered approx 1000 miles and one track day.

Tel: 07801 277964 or 0207 607 4224 and ask for Mark

good luck with the sale - any piccies please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds like a bargain at that price.

• 1 month later...

That's a good looking car, very honest of you to describe the noise which shows a great deal of integrity and a good price. 

Good luck with your sale I think it's just that time of year when lots of cars start hitting the market.

Can't believe this hasn't sold.  Looks a cracking car and a really good price.

Roll up!

There comes a point where surely it might be cheaper, (I can under stand why you've lost motivation yourself), to pay someone to sort out the knock, then advertise it with a clean bill of health, all be it, at a slightly higher price.

Currently, the ad, full praise for honesty though, is perhaps slightly scary to many potential buyers, and the fact it hasn't sold/price keeps dropping reinforces the negative impression.

Effectively you've already "lost" £2000 from the original price, surely it wouldn't take that much to get, for arguments sake Northampton Motor Sport to sort it and NMS having fixed it would then be a big plus point in the "new" for sale advert. And you could price accordingly...

Is this a narrow body car ? as it has SE on the scuttle.

They all have SE I think

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.