List 1A Tyres

Ian Podmore

I know this has been discussed before, and I have done a search...

What are the favoured tyres on list 1A, i.e. for novice WSCC SS sprints next year.  Will also use car on road (really) and not just when the suns out so need some tread on them....

Current size is 205/50/15, current tyres are 'cough' six years old - great fun but very little grip.....  Car is Zetec 1800 IRS, 140 bhp ish, fully trimmed out, very comfy with a heater (what does that do?).

Have read that 539's are good, does that still hold true?

I won't beat you so you can give genuine answers!

:xmas: is delivering them aparently  :) .

If you can find any, snap up some Bridgestone SO2's. Get 'em buffed to 4mm (if you can stand it.......) and you'll have the de rigeur Speed Series 15 incher. If you can't find any SO2's, then the 539's would be my next choice. They could do with buffing to 4mm too..........

On 15" go for Toyo Proxes T1S if cant get the Bridgestone Potenza S02's

John

Yokos 539 buffed to 5mm worked for me.

I will go with wotbox on this one, 539s

(yes i know i have agreed with You for once on some thing). as i ran the last couple of sprints on them there very good.

Merry Xmas :xmas:

Thanks.  Will pass information to Santa, via George Polley...

:xmas:

Where can I get the tyres buffed?  I presume this is done with tyres mounted  on the rims(silly question?)?

Based in Lichfield.

Polleys buff the tyres off the rims and deliver them to your door. You just then take them and your wheels to your local friendly tyre depot and get them fitted. Now make sure they line the red dots up with the valves else you end up with 10 miles / tons of balance weights.

Still think the Toyos have the edge on 539s. I only use 539s (which arent bad) because Toyos aren't available in 13".

John

BMTR aren't too far from Lichfield for supply, fit and buffing - don't know what their prices are like though  :)

I have got a choice of HR or VR rated in the 205/50/15 size.

I obviously don't need the higher rating for maximum speed :0 , but does anyone have an opinion on whether HR or VR would be better.

There is a price difference, albeit not that much (£6 per tyre).

PS Funny noise from top end of my Zetec in other thread has gone away on it's own.  Thank goodness, sounds sweet again.