New zetec just mapped

Mhoy2035

Don't want to annoy anyone but......I was mapped at 151bhp with my blacktop with standard induction.

I would have thought you'd be looking for approx. 170 with throttle bodies.

I'm sure there are possibly good reasons for any differences though.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed Freak

• Mhoy2035

• Norman Verona

• User0083

If it's a "new" engine it will free up a bit when run in. Then the output will go up. Might get another 19 bhp if it's really tight now.

You saw it here, folks.

Well September I'm off to Rome for a week than Milan! But it's May!!! Weather's very March like... So will September be the new July?

I was watching some American going on about earthquakes altering the earths orbit and spin enough to alter the weather... Got very bored, very fast!

As far as I can ascertain the current cold and wet weather is because the Jet Stream is crossing the Franco-Spanish border instead of going North of Ireland and Scotland.

Let's hope it moves back pretty quick. However I'm a curmudgeon who's expecting a poor summer.

When you guys mention measured power output when mapping, is this figure a @ the wheels figure or a corrected ( theoretical) @ the flywheel? May be a silly question but I'm never sure.

Had my blacktop remapped at Daytuner and its 165@wheels.

With jenvey tbs, rl200 cams, raceline head, flywheel and zorst. I was advised it would be 200+bhp.

A stock 2.0 Silvertop on GSXR600 tbs gave 169 in ours. This was corrected flywheel hp. A RR I trust to be pretty accurate. They certainly aren't afraid to dissapoint if the results are poor!

Don't want to annoy anyone but......I was mapped at 151bhp with my blacktop with standard induction.

I would have thought you'd be looking for approx. 170 with throttle bodies.

I'm sure there are possibly good reasons for any differences though.

yeh youre not far out there. I had an 1800zetec on tbs, and had abou 150-155hp, the 2l should get around 12 more, so anywhere about the 165 mark (ish). maybe his engine is a bit tight, and needs some loosening up? Id be happy to oblige!!!! :d

Problem with modern computerised RR's is that there are variables that should be put in for the computer to "adjust" the reading.

Most seem to think you want the highest reading so will "adjust" the variables to get this.

165 at the wheels on anew engine won't be far off 200 at the flywheel.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so the is running well....however it now has a very strong smell of petrol. Specifically on cold start, then also while running. The wife is moaning that I stink of fuel......

It didn't smell before being mapped.

Ideas?

I would imagine as a guess that the car doesn't get up to 80-90 degrees water temp?

there is a cooling mod to be done to the water system, westfields is naff and the car always runs cold.

I have modded mine see: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/blog/20/entry-34-the-westie-to-date/

if this is the case then there is a map in the ECU to add more fuel at colder temps. this simply adds to the base map and bare in mind the base map has been changed.

The water temp does get up to about 90, peaking at 100 and then dropping back down...... (Have a water rail). Well that's what the gauge states. I have checked the temp against the gauge and ecu, they are the same.

ah rite, thats the usual problem. well at least thats cleared up.

is the lambda sensor still operating in the ECU assuming like me you have one.

I was advised by Blink motorsport to get it deactivated in the ECU as it can screw up the map

Fairly sure it is enabled. Ill check it tomorrow. What else am I likly to break if I disable it? Or should I leave this to the pro's?

I'm slighly concerned as the guys I took it too to mapp it had issues with mapping a mbe 967, too many cross over cables resulted in a screwed mapp and 2 days in the garage to fix. Also 155 at the fly (not wheels) seems low. Anyway that's off subject. Ill check the sensor and come back tomorrow.

mine is mbe 956, jenny tbs, 136 spec cams, 1800 zetec estimated 151 @ fly. 129 @ wheels dyno is in my blog

my lambda is off and all works fine.

send a PM to Fraser, search the members tab for Blink motorsport, he will be able to assist, very helpful and knowledgeable.