TOYOTA 20V

tonym

Would Toyotas 20v engine be allowed under the MSA rules for hillclimbing & sprinting in the 1700 roadgoing class. Cant see anything in the blue book.

It sure would & I'm sure Dickie B will be along shortly to comment, he's the Toyota man on the street.

Aaargh. How the WSCC get around. I'm in Afghanistan today. Yep, 20V are allowed. The MSA book (which funnily enough I don't have with me) states something about the number of engines that have to be produced, but it does not state which country, so we're OK with the 20V. If you email me at westies@cwcom.net then when I get back later this week, I will give you details of suppliers of parts for the 20V engine. Not that you need them - 150BHP in standard form with individual side draft throttle bodies. But there are aftermarket cams out there if you need more than 150...

Good luck

Dickie B

I should tread warily with the 20V.  THere's a fair bit of evidence on the web that they don't make the power Toyota claimed for them.  I believe the reason they were introduced by Toyota was to improve emissions rather than give more power.  Also aftermarket mods are a lot more expensive.  Still its a cheap way to get an engine with throttle bodies if you're not planning any tuning mods.  Make sure you go to someone like Raw Engineering who have got this engine running in a 7.  If it were me I'd stick with the 16V.  There are a lot more of them around and they're easier to tune.

Tomo

I'd agree with Tommo - stick with 16V if you have aspirations for the future.

But it is nice to be different.....

Check out the following:

1. www.fensport.co.uk

2. www.racingstrong.com (or maybe .co.uk)

3. If you use www.google.co.uk and enter 4AGE then you will find the 2nd link is billzillla's website - another excellent site

4. Tighe Cams (not sure of web, but google will find it)

5. TRD (ditto Tighe)

That's all off the top of my head

Dickie B

That's all off the top of my head

Which should be safe, under that tin hat.................

Early mornin for you again Dickie B  ;)  :D  :)  ain't you go no work to do  :p  :D  :)  ;)

Well it may have said 4:59am, but it was actually 8:29 am - yes 3 1/2 hrs ahead. Didn't know they had 1/2 hr time zones until I was in one!!!!

Anyway, I'm now in Oman - so back to a 3 hr time difference. Who knows, I might even be in the UK before the weekend!!!

See ya

Richard

We all knew that Richard, but you'll have to excuse Mark.

It's his age you know - can't remember the last post but one!! And when you said you were in Afghanistan he thought you meant the Kebab shop at the end of the road.

It was an elderly moment  :blush:  :D  :)  :p  anyway what kebab shop  :p

I'm back!

A 3 day delay followed by a 41 hour journey.  :devil:

Still, the Westie hasn't been stolen, and the sun is due to shine tomorrow. Best take it for a last blast before I strip it for winter mods..........

Dickie B

Welcome back to blighty - where's me postcard and kebab  :p  :D  :)  :devil:  :blush:  :p