Westfield Sports Cars Ltd - Half Hood

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

OK, as some will remember, following the start of Julian and Simon's local meet tour, they asked for ideas for products we'd like to see from the factory.

My immediate suggestion, cause I've been after one for a bit, was a half hood. To help prod the decision making process along, I started a thread last year, to find out if this would appeal to many others. It did, the factory listened - a big thanks to Simon who has kept me up to date on the progress.

I'm pleased to say they're done and will be available at a special Stoneleigh price. Knowing what we're all like I asked Simon for pictures - which, as he wasn't sure how to post he has emailed over to me, and I'm posting below. And is the reason why I, rather than Simon, have started this thread.

Price is £199 for the hood in Mohair (includes the screen channel) and £25 for the bag.

Fits both FW and ZK body work with a Westfield RAC roll bar (wide body only currently)

We will have some stock at Stoneleigh

IMAGE_9A52E456-64D5-4AF3-94A8-C055ACF776

IMAGE_DA8CE6A6-CE7A-4875-A3BF-D33C7FEA54

IMAGE_B0C95CBF-F815-4335-AC8C-090972C6C2

IMAGE_6E76FC65-01E2-4490-A598-6A7624E8F5

This is the first one, (as fitted to a customers car - who has given his permission for these to be posted).

Please ask Simon or the factory any questions directly, you know as much as I now!

I've ordered mine plus bag. So will post some pictures once I've got it and filled it.

• Like 1

That looks good.

Let's hope it will be used to keep the sun off rather than the rain.

Indeed Norman, fingers crossed!

Oh no I'm going to get ruined at Stoneleigh :d

Awesome colour scheme on that car...

I want one, looks like I will be ringing Russ in the morning and ordering one to pick up at Stoneleigh..

For those not going to Stoneleigh, now available via the on-line store clicky.

Looks very smart

Many thanks to Dave for posting the pictures and starting this thread.

Excellent take up so far today and they are selling like hot cakes.

Kind regards

Simon

• Like 1

Hopefully the car with the hood should be at Stoneleigh if any one want a closer look.

Excellent Rhett, (curse you for getting in first! :p :p :p )

(Your car look really good though. :yes: )

Has it got any longditudinal supports (or does it need them)?

I also presume it needs 4 poppers riveting onto the bodywork?

Could anybody confirm please?

Two poppers and two turn buckles, if you look at the last but one picture the popper is the one towards the front of the car the turn buckles is the one to the rear by the roll bar stay.

Huge thanks to Russ and Simon for letting me pick up my half hood today, well I say me, actually they managed to get it to me via Andy - thanks Andy, as we were all so busy setting up.

Having got home at eight this evening, I then spent some time on the drive fitting it!  :d 

All ready for the run down tomorrow.  :yes: 

Has it got any support bars like others I've seen?

I'm going to have to pretend I've got one on to see if I could fold my lanky frame into the car with a hood. :)  :blush: