JCC 100 Mile Races

Guest Ian Stinton

Guest Ian Stinton

Dear All,

I have been racing for the last 2 years in the JCC 100 Milers.

Its a race of 100 miles for 1 or 2 drivers with a pit stop of a minimum of 1 minute (No refueling).

The car must hold a current MOT and run on list 1a or 1b tyres.

The oraganisers are happy to put a class on for Westfields. EG as per speed series upto 1700cc over 1700cc or Standard Zetec's Etc.

Its close non contact racing.

See JCC Web Pages

It would be good to get more westfields out against the c******ms.

Ian Stinton

You feeling a bit lonely and unnappreciated out there, mate?

Keep sticking it to the R500 boys on our behalf until I can get my **** together and get out there. I'll be keeping Blatgirl as a double driver too, 'cos she fancies this circuit racing lark :0  :0

We'll see.........................

Ian

Spotted you on Sunday, looking HOT!  Congrats on the win on Saturday, but what happened in the pits on Sunday? looked like a win upto that point.

Keep up the good work, someone has to beat (near) factory supported Cats.

A Westfield only class sounds like a fine idea, pity I've only got access to a Striker!

Paul

Ian,

Is the JCC suitable for total novices, only used to sprinting? What i mean by this is, is it a good environment in which to learn race craft,  or is full of semi pro's not prepared to cut a little slack to a new boy.

You say it's close, non-contact racing. I've always pressumed endurance racing is more gentlemanly than say 10-lap sprint racing, and you stand more chance of keeping your car in one piece. Is this really the case??

I for one will be dead interested in this for the not too distant future.  

Regards

Linds

• 3 weeks later...

Ian,

I currently race in the BARC championship but like the idea of doing longer races. Looking at the regs. my car would not be competitive in it's class, is this right or have I read them wrong?! I'm running the 1.8 Zetec as per the championship regs.

Let me know if you think there is a way of getting competitive (without spending fortunes!!;)

Thanks

Jonathan