Gullwing Westield

Hammy

There is one of them there cars for sale on Ebay - dunno how to link but interesting

:oops:

item:

Strangely interested in that...  :suspect:

A narrow, I believe? Must take some cooling if it needs two radiators that big!

Definitely unique, looking at the roof I bet it would fit an ordinary narrow. I wonder what westfield did with the moulds.

Paul

Trying to get the factory to buy and complete it for the heritage, but getting Julian to prize his wallet open might be more difficult than getting it through an IVA! :d

I remember when the lad bought it; used to post on here many moons ago, there'll be some stuff in the archives.

It's an interesting project.

Its similar to the Car Craft Cyclone that ran a gull wing roof, that was a bit more user friendly as doors could be stored in the car on sunny days and then put back on if it rained. 

See here http://www.cc-cyclone.co.uk/

I've always had a hankering for the hard top. Even though it'll add weight and probably be be noisy and airless inside, I love the look. The ad implies that its the only hardtop to make it out of the factory, but I'm sure one was on eBay a few years back and there's definitely images of a yellow one about too.

Ben

I like it, probably be less to buy and finish than the cost to repair mine!

I've often thought about a hard top and once mine's back I'll start toying with it more. Obviously I would like a carbon fibre half hood style thing to start with, carbon fibre doors and see what else I can try and work out. Then try and find someone able to make it.

Hmmmm, for something that's been dry stored the roll bar and gear box must have been dry stored outside.

I've got the "Westfield story" book and it shows a gull wing roof in there dating around 1988

with a broom handle holding the door open  :cry: