Spectating

Mike H

My first post in this part of the message board!!   :D  :D

I was wondering, as I don't have a car at the mo' (just a pile of bits - more on their way on Sat  :D  ) I would really like to watch a couple of SS events just to see what they are all about.

I live ooop North, not a million miles from 3 Sisters so I may go there in Sept.  But what about Curboro' 18th Aug? That's not too far for me.  Is that an event that's organised by another club with Westfields invited?

Will there be many Westfields there?

If I go to watch will I actually see much or be able to wander round talking to competitors?

Sprinting may be something I try in the future (no other cars to hit/be hit by which is good for starters) and would really like to get to know more.

Another qn. I've bee karting at 3 sisters a couple of times, is that course typical of sprint courses? I thought it was a bit tight for normal cars. Or am I just a wuss?

thanks

Mike

Mike,

I'll be a 3 sisters on the 11th of August for a Longton sprint meeting. (subject to my axle mounting being repaired in time). Also should be at Harewood this weekend again subject to same criteria. There are sprints on at Curborough almost every Sat and Sun regardless of whether its a SS round or not.

John

Curborough on the 18th is a Reliant and Scimitars OC sprint. There are normally 40 odd Westfields on the entry (I'm one of them), so a good turn out. The paddocks at most sprints are open to all, and you can see pretty much all the track at Curborough.

Most of the WSCC SS meets attract a large attendance by Westfields  ;)  :D  :)  Curborough on Aug 18 should see a big turnout for all the classes  :D  :)  ;)  and you'll be able to get full access to the paddock and meet and talk to any of the drivers. Three sisters should be same in September  ;)  :D  :)  :D

I think I've just secured a pass out for Curboro'

So I may see you there.

What time do things 'kick off'?

Mike :t-up:

For those of us "competing" scrutineering starts at about 08.00..........Timed practice runs normally get under way at around 09.30, with the timed runs that count for points beginning after lunch, which is around 12.30/13.00.......

Look for the blue car pictured here..............