WSCC Curborough Track Day 15th June 2013

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

The WSCC Curborough Weekend is nearly here and we will be holding a club Track Day on Saturday Afternoon 15th June. All WSCC members are welcome, especially members who have not tried a Track Day before. We run 8 off 30 minute sessions with 10 cars per session, allowing each car to get approx. 4 runs per session. It is one car at a time on the track, so you are able to go at your own pace, building through the afternoon. It starts at 1pm.

On-line booking is now available in the Store area, where you can book the session(s) that you want.  Passengers are welcome and you only need to buy one ticket for them to come along in as many sessions as you are doing - they can also passenger other drivers assuming they are brave enough.

It is far easier to organise if these are pre-booked so as an incentive, there is a 20% discount for pre-bookings.  Each session is £ 10 on-line or £ 12 if paid for on the day. Passengers are £5 on-line or £6 on the day.  On-line booking will close promptly at noon on Thursday 13th June 2013.

There is overnight camping if you would like to stay and compete or watch the Sprint the next day. If you would like to experience Motorsport even more, then you could volunteer for Marshalling – no experience necessary and training will be provided.

We hope to see you there.

I helped out for the first time marshalling at Curby last year and really enjoyed it. Don't worry about lack of previous experience.

Could help out with marshalling Nick, but am a complete newby

You would be most welcome Marty, there are loads of jobs to do, be it on the track or paddock marshalling John Fisher is the Meeting Secretary who has a thread here http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/100520-curborough-sprint-16th-june-2013-round-19/page-2#entry1048893

If you could PM John and let him know, we should have a good crowd helping out which always makes good fun. All we need now is a suitable commentator who can take the p*** out of the drivers :d :D  easy job really.

Booked

Thanks Phil, first to test the booking system out and it works :d :D

Nick,

I think that you would do a sterling job as commentator!

Fish

Thanks Fish, but I am far too blunt, which might offend some drivers when they are slow :d :D :d 

Besides which you need someone to keep the crowds pleased,  :o  :oops:

Booked

Me 2  :t-up:

Booked a few sessions for the afternoon and the 'school' in the morning - looking forward to it!

p***-taking commentary welcomed :laugh:

Nick

You like taking the p*** out of me so I I am happy for you to commentate

Saves the others taking the p*** too

• Like 1

Booked a few sessions for the afternoon and the 'school' in the morning - looking forward to it!

p***-taking commentary welcomed :laugh:

I'm sure there'll be more to take the p*** with my driving!!  :down:

Just a fair and friendly warning to say these have been up in the Store for only 48 hours and nearly 30% of the available slots are already gone - if you're interested, I shouldn't hang about too long if I were you, especially if you want multiple slots or a time slot of your choice.

Nick

You like taking the p*** out of me so I I am happy for you to commentate

Saves the others taking the p*** too

Only when you go slow Tel :d :D, you  been much quicker this season, car coming together, which is good to see.