aintree today and fair weather drivers

SteveD

Thanks for the chat with everyone.... a great day.... just shame I didn't get my 100mph!

Cheers

John

You probably did Jon as the speed trap was reading about 11mph low according to my data!

It was great to see and meet the 'local' area lads! Thanks for the support!

Del

• Like 1

Echo what Del says and good to see the local guys etc 

Hope you enjoyed the event

Was a good day, weather was reasonably good to us. Shame about the police man in the tunnel halting the fun. Tut tut.

Enjoyed the three way drag race and the blast down the lanes :)

null_zpse81eb8c3.jpg

Nice to meet some new faces and some really smart cars. Thanks for all coming over.

Jocker posted this pic in the original event thread:

Wile E Coyote's mate from Macro Music

Screenshot2013-04-27at191308.png

(for those who weren't there, this fellow appeared outside his shop twice)

Must have forgotten to fill Jockers in on the full detail of the conversation...

The first I knew of this chap's presence was the sudden demand, in broad scouse, to know "Which one of you is Dave?" 

Despite the language barrier, I managed to explain that Dave had suffered a breakdown and as a result had been forced to modify his plans for the day.  He appeared to accept this explanation and went back into his shop, after which I was able to observe some very animated discussion taking place between him and another chap.

He reappeared moments later, keen to continue the conversation - the general gist being that he and his mate had determined that my story didn't stack up (it apparently being well known that Dave's car is a model of reliability) and that I should convey to Dave his displeasure for bailing on a well publicised trip due to being [incomprehensible scouse barrage - something to do with weather?].  Having been looking forward to Dave's presence in Aintree (for reasons I was unable to fully ascertain) he was keen to get to the bottom of the matter, so I passed on Dave's number...   :p

Joking aside, was a really good day out... and nice to be able to have a poke round some of the speed series car (although I wish Terry hadn't passed me that carbon bonnet...).

We'll have to get another on in the diary soon.  Perhaps a little jaunt into Wales?

How about Macclesfield to Buxton, over the Cat & Fiddle. Then up the A6 to Chapel-en-le-Frith. Then to Glossop via Hatfield and from Glossop to Sheffield over the Snake. Into Sheffield and lunch at Fagins (I can arrange that if you want). Come back crossing the peak district via Bamford, Hope Valley, Winnats Pass, Sparrowpit and join the A6 just north of Dove Holes. If you want to make a real journey of it go through Buxton but straight on over Axe Edge to Leek and then back up the A523 to Macclesfield.

I did that (in reverse) at least once a week when we lived in Bradfield, just off the Sheffield side of the Snake.

The Cheshire Peaks Blat is being rescheduled for after Stoneleigh, off the top of my head it includes at least some of that route!

Apart from some Scottish Highland roads I think that route is probably the best. Oh and maybe the triangle around Snowdon.

Wish I could join you   :cry:

Apart from some Scottish Highland roads I think that route is probably the best. Oh and maybe the triangle around Snowdon.

Wish I could join you   :cry:

I decided to do most of this route this morning seeing as sun was shining, stopped off at Chatsworth and had a look at the TVR owners club meet.

Was a good day, weather was reasonably good to us. Shame about the police man in the tunnel halting the fun. Tut tut.

Enjoyed the three way drag race and the blast down the lanes :)null_zpse81eb8c3.jpg

I do like chrome yellow but 5 cars us even too much for me. tricky's green managed to bring some order to things :)
  • Like 1

It looked great as you all drove along the access road 

• Like 1

quote " :down::blush: It's going to be years before I live this down, isn't it? :oops:"

See you Thursday then Dave. Quotes such as "you sh*g one sheep" come to mind but can't normally fault your all weather tenacity.

Unlucky.

Bob :d

'Filfan' I was meaning to ask for a sit in your car, really like the seats and they look a little wider than others. 1313 has some in his car and there great but they are narrower and dig in to my hips a little. oh well, maybe another time.