Complete Virgin

hogman

Right then!

If this Westie ever gets on the road again I am seriously toying with the idea of doing a hillclimb event in it.

I want to experience one to see what its like, and then maybe do a whole season the following year.

Now the questions, i know nothing about this and have missed the 2 i was going to watch (rev-limiters - shes got a horse and getting me married what else she want?? :D ) so am planning on attending the next Harrogate one, but want to know....

1. Can I just drive at one hill climb event?

2. Do I need to do anything to the car?

3. Do I need a race licence? And whats involved if I do?

4. Will they let me in with an SE with an R1 engine in?

Not really bothered about being tooooo serious but would like to try it and possibly do a full season.

Now over to the brain-boxes, enlighten me once again! :durr:  :cool:  :D

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Mark

Thanks for the offer of info, my email add is westier1@lycos.com - much appreciated.

Ah why is it expensive just to do one event - do I have to pay a lump sum or something?

OK will look into the licence part, do they require anything specific for it - medical, IQ test, sanity test etc etc

Right will try to get to Harewood this weekend, (probably have to buy the rev-limiter a diamond ring or something  :D  :0 ) but would be good to see you guys having a go! Will you be there Mark?

Hope I can come along and have a chat with everyone and see some of the road-going cars in the events!

Cheers and thanks

Kevin

It's expensive to do only one event cos you need a skid lid and overalls - and if you're only gonna use em once then how do you explain that to your rev-limiter  :)  ;)

You don't need a medical for a non-race Nat B

C ya at Hairywood