Benefits capped

Graham0127

Poor,poor woman on TV news :(

.When questioned what she would do when her benefit is capped at 25K. 

Poor woman said she would try to cut down on gas,try to cut down on electricity and try to cut down on food shopping.....what the devil...

Why doesn`t the lazy c@w TRY and get a job like the rest of us. :arse:

Why should benefit scroungers get more than the average wage and that`s more than anyone who works for me gets ?

• Like 5

I heard her as well,    How many kids does she have?

Bernie.....does a woman with her attitude deserve kids ?

Pity more people don`t have your daughters attitude...start at the bottom and work your way up.too many want to earn £30k from day 1 !

If its the same woman how the oops, i said a naughty word! does she spend £185 a week on food for her and two younguns. We don't spend that a fortnight for me ,the wife and our daughter and i'm a fat greedy b'stard.

i still cant beleive how people think they have the right to sit at home on their ass and get paid for the pleasure. im sure that there will be some who do lose out that have worked all their lives paid taxes and through no fault of their own lost their jobs. i do also beleive these people will be the minority and its a shame these few will suffer.

personally i dont see how some people should have their children and lifestyle paid for by the state when they have not paid a penny in the pot. victorian i know but if you have children and cant provide for them then you either support yourself, live in a hostel or give them up just dont ask me to pay for their blumin lifestyle. see what that would do for teenage pregnancy rates and single mothers.

i have more morals than to do this but last year the house next door was up for rent and i worked out that myself and the mrs would be better off if we split up and she rented the house next door. just shoundnt be possible

and relax  ???

• Like 1

It is after all really rather obvious. No one. should receive more benefits than they would if earning min wage ?? Less 10%.

The various churches bang on about it causing child poverty, presumably kids of workers can go ****** starve

• Like 1

Blimey I wish I got paid £500 each week for nothing.  There are about 60% of the armed forces earning less than that

• Like 1

no wonder house prices are so high. lets be honest the government probably were happy to ignore it with the amount of tax and stamp duty created with buy to let mortgages. all helped by banks willing to lend silly amounts then oh crap the bubble burst. now no one can afford a house

She looked pretty well turned out for someone on the breadline.  Gold bracelet, gold chain, hair neatly coiffured....she wasn't helping her cause.  I don't think there will be much sympathy generated.  The BBC will still try to find someone to say how disgusting it is so they can put a 'balanced' report together.  Good luck - it won't be anyone I know!

It is the system that has gone mad and those who will not work are allowed to. I have read that since this was announced there has been a lot of people who have found jobs so it is working.

When I was young, those in work had better things than those who did not as that was the normal way of things. People who were disabled were given a small three wheeler to get them to work as there was an expectation for everyone to work.

But now if a home does not have TV computer X box etc that counts as child poverty, it is not. As a nation we are soft, prisoners have TV etc instead of being so tired from breaking rocks, those who refuse to work still get money so they can have every trapping of those who do and being so disabled as to not work means fat people and those who find it stressful.

This will be an election game at the next one as there is a ground swell of public opinion that things have gone too far. Both main parties have said that they want to reduce the benifits bill so lets see what happens.

I agree with the capping of benefits.

However, we are making assumptions here about her circumstances.

One of the main reason people are getting so much is rent support. The reason is that there is a huge shortage of "social" housing. 

Just remind me who sold off the council properties?

I agree with the capping of benefits.

However, we are making assumptions here about her circumstances.

One of the main reason people are getting so much is rent support. The reason is that there is a huge shortage of "social" housing. 

Just remind me who sold off the council properties?

TOO much rent support.

Shortage of social housing.....Build massive hostels....sorry not good enough for scroungers.

Lady Thatcher sold off council houses...rather gave council tenants the  `Right to buy`