Aintree

Bananaman

Hi

I fancy coming along to watch a few of the speeeeed series this year with a veiw to having ago in 2003.

I know the 3 sisters is near Wigan, is Aintree in Liverpool or is there another Aintree.

Are there many other venues "up North" I live in Cheshire so any thing in a 100 mile radius?? or closer.

Ta ;)  ;)  ;)  :t-up:

As far as us softy Southerners go they're nearly all up North  :(  (or at least in the Midlands, or Wales  :sheep: ) but have a look at the Speed Series page for details and then use Multimap or similar on the WEB to check location and distance (the NEAREST event to me in Sussex is over 80 miles away and most are well over 120)  ???

PS: yes, Aintree is Scouser country

Loton Park and Shelsley Walsh are in the Shrewsbury area which is not too far for you. I entered for the fist time this year and I'm having a ball!!!!

My advice is to go to Curborough or the like on a testing day (I think Lindsay Pointon is organising one at Curborough soon.)You can hire the whole track for a day & between 10 of you it's only about £30. Great for getting some experience.

My first event was Loton, but I didn't get in. Good job too, as I would probobly have crashed without the valuable experience and advice I had at a subsequent testing day at Curborough. I was much more prepared for my second event. But do it, you'll never have so much fun with your trousers on!!!> :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Hi Tommo

It's the Tommo Recovery Crew here..... Shelsley Walsh is in Worcestershire between Bromyard and Stourport and Loton is at Alberbury near Shrewsbury ... both gret viewing and competing venues.

The WSCC Sprint is at Curborough on Sunday 23 June, with a track session on 22 June so take your skid lid and a few pennies.

Me, Lindsay, ACWotbox, Big Fish, Parky, Barry N et al are at Curborough tomorrow  ;)  :D  :)  All day, so long as its dry  ;)  :D  :)

Tommo ...... does your hammer work  ;)  and keep working on those weights  :D

spam boy ill think you will find thats beer swillin recovery crew :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: oh yes the big lass called stella :zzz:  :zzz:

Wonder who it was that had an early night last Saturday and snook off for a kip then  ;)  :D  :)  ???  Hope Smithy doesn't get to hear of it  :)  ;)

Stella + Bar B Q =  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

C ya at Curb  ;)  :D  :)  Will be there from Friday  :D  :)  ;)

yup about 10 on friday see ya there  :D  gotta let derk have ago in the caterfield double drive an all that yu naww :A***:gotta have a seat fittin sesion the little gnome cant touch the pedles gotta get some wooden blocks or somthing :arse:  :zzz:

Why not weld him some leg extensions onto some steel toed bootees  ;)  :)  :D  All that extra ballast would slow him down  :D  :)

And I know about extra ballast........... where's the bacon buttie van  ;)  :D

Hi

Thaks for advice, where can i get in touch with Lindsay Pointon?

£30 sounds cheap for track time, how can this be.

with a track session on 22 June so take your skid lid and a few pennies.

is this open to any westfield or do you have to be compeating in the sprint?

I realy fancy doin something that weekend, might come down and watch for the crack :arse:

:cool:  :cool:  

If you hire the track you only need to sign on ( as a diclaimer), you don't need a licence, just a lid & yer cash. I don't know what the arrangements are for the track sessions in june on the saturday prior to the Curborough event. I am there' but I am in the Speed event also. Whether you can take part on the saturday I'm not sure. Mark (Tommo 24hr Recovery) Stanton will know and will no doubt reply. Yes is does sound cheap......but its true!! You can e-mail Linfsay through the boardroom

The Saturday track session at Curb in June is open to all WSCC members with a car and skid lid - it will cost just a few pounds for lap or so then join the q again - its simply an introduction so folks can drive on the same track as the Speed Series drivers and see just how easy it is  ;)  :p  :D  :)

You missed the track session cos it was today and bl**** fantastic - thanks to the Big Fish for taking the leccy cornerweights  ;)  :D  :)  Seven of us blatting round all day for just £40 - all you have to do is hire curborough and get some mates together - IT IS THAT SIMPLE  ;)  :p  :D  :)

mates what are they ???

You were missed Mr D - just wasn't the same without you  :D  :)  and all the sheep have been moved away  :sheep:  ;)  :D  :)

Sounds like the Muts Nuts.

I recon ill be there, dose any body have directions??

Hope the SUN shines.

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Mates!!

what i dont have!!

In pub tolets, or petrol stations!!

:devil: