Lydden

Blatman

According to my social secretary (you all know who she is) the regs for Lydden state one practice and two timed runs. It's also the most expensive event of the year at over 80 quid. Last year we missed a timed run 'cos of the poxy "sprint leaders" (not from where I was watching they weren't) in their single seaters, who, despite running proper wets and massive downforce, couldn't seem to keep their cars facing the right way for more than 2 corners in a row. Are we missing a practice 'cos of these prima donnas?

Replies on a postcard to Mr Angry, AKA Blatman, C/O the Bide- a-wee home for angry young men, Clitheroe............

Not happy then ......... :angry:  Sounds nearly as expensive as buying a round of drinks in the "Big City"  ;)

Tell em  :arse:  and to stick it where the sun don't shine  ;)  :D  :)  Simple

Probably be cheaper or you to travel to Curborough for a day  ???

Ah the economic Midlands  :)  ;)  albeit the most stupid accent  :arse:

No, not happy at all..................however, I'm (sorry, we're) still gonna go. We have free accommodation at a friends house, which also means free food and beer, and I want to see how my times compare to the c******ms and Ian Crockers V8 times from last year (posted elsewhere)............assuming I can get a dry run or two..........I'm afraid heart is ruling head big time on this........ ???

Practice at most Lydden events is just 1 run, but usually 2.75 laps whereas the timed runs are 1.75 laps.  You'll get a lot more running time than 2 practice and 2 runs at Curborough - over twice as much time for most people.

However the problems last year were a real farce.  It was for that reason that my club's Championship dropped that event and used the one the following weekend instead.

The organising club got so much stick that I think they will be anxious to avoid a repeat performance...

Blatman, don't compare times with me - you only have half an engine  :D

Ian

I prefer my practice runs to be exactly the same as my timed runs. With 1 complete extra lap, the possibility exists of "reading" a false braking point, or applying the accelerator earlier than you might "normally" due to the extra distance putting more heat into everything........

Sprinting is not good value motorsport because the faster you are, the less track time you get for the money. That's something I'm OK with, 'cos I choose to do it (and I'm not very fast...). However 87 quid is LOTS more than the next most expensive round that we (ie me an' Blatgirl) will do, and if you compare track time to price, I'll bet Curborough isn't that far behind. Ho hum.............

..incidently Ian, how did you get on at Lydden on Monday 6th?

I was entered (in the half-engine class) but had to cry-off due to a trip to Bahrain, but I'd spotted your entry.

I'd be interested to know your times - especially if it dried out during the morning! Also what's your personal best there?

Me, I'm an 87sec man using a XFlow.

Hi Gary.  The track never fully dried.  By final runs most of the track itself was bone dry but the start was still wet.  I came 2nd in class on an 87, beaten by the same Exige (Tim Stevens) that beat me a few weeks ago (he did an 86).  Your class was won by Dennis Pickett on a 90.

My PB is 84.5.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks for the info, Ian. I remember it staying a bit greasy in the hollow at Pilgrims too when it rained overnight prior to last October's sprint.

I'm looking forward to saying hello if you get to any of the later Lydden events. Its always nice to see and hear a quick V8!

I'm based fairly nearby in Brighton plus I love the circuit, so I intend to do a couple more this year.

It seems that 'my' class was a bit of  turkey shoot this time - serves me right for missing it!

Blatman

Lydden is the best track we go to. Yes the British Sprint were a pain last year, but it's worth the hassle - and better value for money than Curborough - less than 160 seconds in a day.

Conveniently the regs arrived the same day as a refund cheque for Shelsley - accompanied by an insulting letter stating that most entries that were returned were because they were incorrectly filled in, entered the wrong championship etc.

See you at Lydden

Richard

accompanied by an insulting letter stating that most entries that were returned were because they were incorrectly filled in, entered the wrong championship etc.

See you at Lydden

To be honest, I didn't read the letter that closely (never do when cheques drop out of envelopes........). I'll re-read. If it's insulting, I'll be forwarding it to our Comp Sec for comment............

And yes, I'll see you at Lydden, despite my grumblings.......It may be the best "track" we go to, but I prefer Wiscombe and Boscombe as better venues. I guess we'll have to wait until next year to decide about Shelsley.........

Yeh....... Don't you know how to fill in an entry form .......... ;)  :D  :)  :cool:

Kneely  :p  :D  :)

I`M NO PRIMA DONNA :sheep:

However i`ve sold my single seater now.

Going to replace it with a westie.

As for spinning out --- me never!!!!!!! :blush: