Cheshire & N. Staffs. trip to Aintree SS round 5

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Now got rain and hail, thank goodness made it home.

Sorry to you couldn't make it, Dave - you missed a good run.  Six cars in the end, including two from Yorkshire.  

We managed to dodge the rain for most of the day (I got caught by a downpour on the M62 after I'd peeled off from the others one the way back, they might have stayed dry).

Good to meet the Speed Series chaps and see them in action too.

Great day today. The tunnel run was my highlight :) my ears are still ringing from the 125db machine

Great day today. The tunnel run was my highlight :) my ears are still ringing from the 125db machine

• Like 1

Thanks for allowing me and the lad to gate crash your gig today guys. Makes a change to get over the wrong side of the pennines without having to arrange a visa, although I did feel like the stooge invited to a party and being the only one in fancy dress, all your steeds being banana yellow!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your car Dave. At least it happened close to home.

Was a cracking run out, and fair play to the guys from Sheffield and Retford making the journey over. Oh and Tricky mine wasn't yellow, well not all of it  :t-up:

Just reviewing the footage from the GoPro - particularly the 3 abreast traffic light grand prix and the scouser with no teeth who took a shine to Wile E Coyote!

And that Honda Westy at the track was quite simply epic.

Few screen grabs from the camera

Wile E Coyote's mate from Macro Music

Screenshot2013-04-27at191308.png

Entry to the Birkenhead Tunnel

Screenshot2013-04-27at191620.png

And the pesky police Galaxy that pulled out right in front of us

Screenshot2013-04-27at191643.png

Parked up at Aintree

Screenshot2013-04-27at191528.png

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the footage Matt.

Though the cars got a little wet we managed to stay dry really.

That Honda Westie was a monster of a machine.

Funniest part of the day for me was when nobody turned up at the train station, then I realised I was at the wrong one. Fancy that! I only live 2 miles away :p

forgot to mention the strange goings on while on the M62 on the way home.

Twice i had people driving along side and stopping there. when i looked across the driver was stretched out with his phone against the window taking pictures and another car has his mrs also taking pics. wouldnt mind but one of them nearly run me into the car infront as i couldnt change lanes.

i can just hear the conversation they would be having in the pub later that night. " here bud look at the fat man driving that little car i saw earlier. he's not getting out in a hurry "  :laugh:

They're like that round here... I've been made aware of various sightings, posted on Facebook, of The Stig in Warrington.  Even on one occasion had one chap racing to unwrap a disposable camera whilst I was sat at the traffic lights.

Worse is the M56 if you hit it when holiday makers are queuing into/out of North Wales.  They're again good at nearly crashing into each other to get video/camera footage.

forgot to mention the strange goings on while on the M62 on the way home.

Twice i had people driving along side and stopping there. when i looked across the driver was stretched out with his phone against the window taking pictures and another car has his mrs also taking pics. wouldnt mind but one of them nearly run me into the car infront as i couldnt change lanes.

i can just hear the conversation they would be having in the pub later that night. " here bud look at the fat man driving that little car i saw earlier. he's not getting out in a hurry "  :laugh:

Either that Phil or, "Look Edith there's another of them cars like that green un we just passed, and that had a fat bloke in it too".  

Does my bum look big in this ?  car

Bob :p