What art or sports form do you admire/in awe of?

Norman Verona

Comedians. Morecombe and Cooper, we'll never see comedians like that again. The sort that make you laugh out loud by just standing there.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Verona

• WINGNUT

• 7sRWild

• Graham0127

An odd one and maybe not an art form per ce, but I really admire people who are good with words. Not only the written word but the spoken word as well.

As mentioned, any musician who seems at one with their instrument. As a guitarist of some 30 years I am totally in awe at some of the talent out there. Not just the obvious names like Clapton, Vai, Carlton, etc but some young players like Jess Lewis who is just an awesome talent.

Add Jesse cook to that list of amazing guitarists...

Free climbers..... And anyone who can play a guitar

Does that include John williams

I play guitar and totally amaze myself when anything recognizable comes from it......

Isaac Guillory came to our folk club several times.

Like some people I listen to music with my eyes closed, it helps concentrate.

The first time he appeared, the folk club was held in the upstairs room at the local pub, I had been told he was something special. His first few numbers were good, very good. Then he seemed to be playing a tape as it sounded like two guitars were playing. Opened my eyes to see him playing both ends of his guitar. Fantastic sound.

Unfortunately, he's no longer with us, but I have several of his cds and listen in awe a few times a year.

I once saw a Segovia "live" solo performance at a small theatre in Bolton , he was 80 something yrs old but could still play the song of the guitar .

I could listen to Fats Waller all day long  ( inspired Lennon & McCartney amongst others )

Louis Armstrong was a sell out performer for over 50 years , many tried to emulate him , all failed 

Duke Ellington Rocks along with Count Basie  Benny Goodman Django Rheinhart Merseysippi Jazzmen

Singers with added talent ,  Nat Cole ,George Formby , Acker Bilk , Sam Shed   Paul McCartney

Cant stand any of the modern talentless electrified rubbish of today , all DJ's should be shot at birth , bring back proper "live" music

Art...

I like  both modern and classical , but  has to be something I wish I had the talent to do, not just arranging a pile of bricks or throwing a tin of paint on a wall .

I realy admire those who paint and it looks like a photgraph ( how on earth ? ) and those who paint with spots and stripes yet still look like a photograph (how do they do that ? 

Oh and forgot , when it comes to artists 

Jim Clark ,Graham Hill , Fangio , Ronnie Peterson , Jochen Rindt , Gilles Villanueve , all painted lines on the tarmac  

Bernie, agree with all of those and have cd's of most.

However you left out the best.... Miles Davis. I was listening to "Kind of Blue" this morning and still can't understand how one man can make music like that.

ed to add that I posted this before the drivers got mentioned. Just in case anyone thinks Miles Davis was a racing driver.  :)

Isle of man tt racers this is talent on a different level! Modern day gladiators in my opinion! Broken bones dont stop them nor internal bleeding, you dont see that in other sports (not that i can think of anyhow)

Dont get me wrong there is a big part of insanity there but the talent out ways that!

Isle of man tt racers this is talent on a different level! Modern day gladiators in my opinion! Broken bones dont stop them nor internal bleeding, you dont see that in other sports (not that i can think of anyhow)

Dont get me wrong there is a big part of insanity there but the talent out ways that!

Agreed 100%......But I`m an ex racer....VERY ex!!!!! 

Agreed 100%......But I`m an ex racer....VERY ex!!!!! 

Either way ex or not! my friend you are a GOD in my eyes!

Blimey....I feel ten feet tall.....................Still doing trackdays & crashing :cry: ,but I guess it`s in me.It`s the main reason I got a Westie.............fed up falling off...well wife fed up with me falling off !Both of my little kids 6 & 8 have bikes and eldest one is pretty quick....won`t know how quick though until he`s on a 125.My dad raced,like me road,track and motox(good fitness) and my 8 year old already feels the need for speed.Luckily mum`s very supportive and has no issues.

Remember Steve McQueen`s saying..`racing is life,everything else is waiting`.I`m 53 and still wanna race. :d  :d

Ha ha I sold my bike last year never tracked it as its a special gift to ride like that and one i dont have sadly :cry: Plus i stopped finding it funny nearly getting knocked off everytime you go out because someone cant be bothered looking for you!

Like you thats why im in a westie now my dads had two and said its the closest think you will get to two wheels! Always believe my dad but in this case i couldnt believe how right he was! If anything its better i can now see the look on the pillions faces :d :d :d :d

Graham i salute you Sir