How heavy is your Westfield

Tyson

I didnt say I was light or young!!!!!!!!!!!

The car is however very light :love:

497kg confirmed after today's Cotswolds trip to Bradley's garage. That's with carpets, boot load of clobber and full tank. Well chuffed that she hit 140bhp from a 893 fireblade after 2 years under a duvet. Bring on the summer (both days).

SeiW, 600 kg, windscreen, sidescreens, 210 hp Cosworth YB with iron cased, ally bellhousing Type 9, Redtop battery, 7x13 inch CXRs, sports seats, carbon front and rear wings

my burgervan was 535kg yesterday on Lukes scales. thats Duratec engine running with heater installed wiper motor and just under half a tank and tank is quite big . think I  could get it down to close to 500kg if i stripped to track spec but I like my creature comforts too much  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

I have no idea what the car weighs apart from the axle weights on the Vin plate, which would put it close to 900 kg, guessing that cant be right given this thread.

what's the best way to get it weighed accurately?

Public weighbridge is ok and may be free if no ticket needed

900kg is the gross vehicle weight - ie what it can be loaded to.

Will have to get Brum weighed as the reg doc and chassis plate states 825kg gross. So presumably that's an estimated maximum weight including myself and a passenger?

Did think at the time 825 appears a bit steep!

That's the maximum gross weight the vehicle can be when loaded with people and luggage. It has no bearing on what the car actually weighs.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine weighed 550kg (without driver) 620kg (with driver) at IVA. That was with no hood but everything else (full tank etc.). Now I've gone to zetec 5kg heavier but also saved weight on gearbox (type e) and radiator (gone to polo rad). So should be about the same.

Paul

My V8 is 647kg with just over half a tank of juice.

Barneys and Tim Nunns car are lighter than mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well they would be Terry given that theirs are narrows to your SEIW.

Mine was 425 ish last time it was weighed.

Hoping it will be a bit lighter after some mods.

4000kgs would be good Mark