How heavy is your Westfield

Tyson

I took mine to the builders yard to weight last week

Narrow with live axle, ST170 engine, type 9 box, full tank, no spare wheel, tools, carpet or boot box but in road trim with screen, wipers, heater and lights

540kgs ???????

Think the scales were out a bit.

But I know where to buy sand and gravel from now;)

Aha - the table..

FUprights    were   6      now 4.8    saving 1.2 Kg

F Hubs        were   5.4   now 1.8    saving 3.6 Kg

Flywheel      was    9      now 3.8    saving 5.2 Kg

F Claipers   were   8     now 2.3     saving 5.7 Kg

Battery        was   12.6  now 6.1    saving 6.5 Kg

Aeroscreen was    8.5   now 1.1    saving 7.4 Kg

Seats          were   20        now 6   saving 14 Kg

i must be heavy chassied ! :d

• Like 1

I took mine to the builders yard to weight last week

Narrow with live axle, ST170 engine, type 9 box, full tank, no spare wheel, tools, carpet or boot box but in road trim with screen, wipers, heater and lights

540kgs ???? ???

Think the scales were out a bit.

But I know where to buy sand and gravel from now;)

Sounds about right I think - my wide with live axle, 2.0 Zetec and very similar spec was 575kg.

I've got a friend who used his Caterham to pick up stuff from the builders merchant when he had a building business. Said he got a lot of funny looks when he had a large bag of sand in the passengers side.

To be fair, my aeroscreened XE engined car was 584 kg, still had WF Sports Seats, tunnel and rear bulkhead carpet plus cast iron uprights, otherwise many of the mods Jim lists. I suspect mine are the lightest of 15" wheels either. So if that's the sort of difference JK's make, I can see where he's coming from.

I love those scales at Oulton by the way; load of us went years ago to an event there and decided to weigh our cars while we were at it. Poor Greenstreak couldn't work out why is XE engined car was so heavy. Till someone quietly pointed out that everytime he tried to weigh it, I just slid a toe on to the platform and pressed...

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :devil: 

ive started a proper diet program (a realistic one), as well as going to the gym... in the 3.5weeks Ive been doing it Ive gone from 101.5kgs, to 95.8kg. another 6 to go, and then build muscle time!

i must be heavy chassied ! :d

What is yours weighing in at Peter?   I would guess mine is back up a bit now having added the (quite chunky) SBD designed exhaust, not sure if dry sumpng, given the pump and a couple of meters of braided hose has added a bit too.

Worth bearing in mind that once we get down to 10 or 15Kg differences between two cars we are talking about accuracies of one or two percent on the scales we are using, also that tyre wheel combination could easily account for 10 or 15 Kgs.

That's pretty light Kevin, my supercharged one was 500Kg, 

It was a tad lighter last year, had to dump my Lithium battery which had lost a cell and rears are a bit bigger this year. 

That 500kg must have been in near road going trim?

Members seem as obsessed with weight as my wife... :cry:

Do we all think it makes us quicker ??????

There is an old saying..........

It`s not the dog in the fight

It`s the fight in th dog !

Yes a lighter car is quicker :d

Yes a lighter car is quicker :d

As I suspect I am likely to be taught again tomorrow... :cry:

A lighter car generally is quicker......raced for years,but doesn`t make us quicker.I know a few fat old g1ts I couldn`t keep up with.