How heavy is your Westfield

Tyson

My fully road-legal SEight with windscreen, 2 seats, and cage but missing all the superfluous bits (doors, heater, boot box, spare wheel carrier, radio, cup holders, sat nav....) weighs 620kg minus me and 670-675kg (depending on how close it is to Christmas) with me on board.

Grannie Annie.

Annie, that's cheating  --  saving 40-50kg on your driver compared to anyone else (except "Fatbloke") is really not on  ???

FBB, that's a good result  --  my Striker-Busa is only 15kg lighter without any heavy fripperies like hand brake, instruments, number plates and lights  :t-up:

My "roadgoing" 1600VX Westy (1990 SEi) is 533kg (almost out of fuel)  --  on the weight saving side: Aerodynamix aeroscreen, Westfield alloy front uprights/hubs/calipers, SPC alloy diff casing, bare minimum seats, 9 litre fuel tank. On the less good side: Quaife 60G + flappy paddle gubbins, Plays-Kool full cage, separate fuel swirl pot and pump and extra chassis stiffening. And then, there's the driver  :down:

What have you changed on yours since it was 'standard'? Do you know the weight back then? 570kg sounds like my target now!

This is the setup sheet from Blink last week, proof.  650kg with me in it @ 80kg (im now on a diet and doing exercise) 

BlinkMotorSportSetup-WeightandHigh_zps90

The heater, windscreen wipers have been removed, there is no boot box, the wheels are some of the lightest round..........  

Change most of what you can to Carbon Fibre  :t-up:   

The exhaust weighs about half of my old one.

528 kgs with half a tank of fuel. Full cage.

Need to lose a bit from me rather than the car. Last time I checked I was 95 kgs oops!

Is that Honda F20C engine really that heavy?! Think I'd rather just have an SEiGHT.

Honda is heavy. the c20xe weighs less than 130kg... zetec is around 100kg, duratec about 85......Honda 150kg

don't forget the Honda gearbox weighs something like 12kgs more than a type 9 aswell!!!!!

You can save weight with the Honda, by using tbs, and smaller alternator etc etc..

the thing with the Honda, is its over engineered... the stock engine will take 400hp without upgrades.. the gearbox can take 600hp!

All not necessary for a kitcar, unless you fancy a mental supercharger... Might be a future project of mine... But I would want to keep the weight down in other places...

FBB, that's a good result  --  my Striker-Busa is only 15kg lighter without any heavy fripperies like hand brake, instruments, number plates and lights   :t-up:

A lot of carbon.....nose, wheel arches, side panels, front bulkhead, rear bulkhead, tunnel, sumpguard, dash, aeroscreen, boot cover....totally bespoke lightweight loom (but it does have an electric reverse), aluminium uprights, hubs, shock absorbers.....

how much with the fat driver :p

484kg - XE, IL200, full cage and road legal.

576 with fullish fluids

traction control.  i have upgraded mine this year :d  :d but power to weight gone out the window :arse:

Oh, my CF exhaust is lighter than the wife's bikini!!! I couldn't believe how light it is!

Then CF head light bowls feel like they're made of paper... In weight.

Sanded off paint and most the plastic from wing mirrors before putting CF backs, so more weight saved.

CF sill guards must of saved a bit too...

Then biggest change has been Rial leman's 8x15 to team dynamics Motorsport 7.5x15, saved about 2.5 kg a wheel, guess by lifting them.

I would like CF floors to replace Ali ones... And CF transmission tunnel!

Live axle narrow with aeroscreen and fibreglass seats 543kg

nrewrollhoop.jpg

Buttercup was 497kg in road going mode and over 280bhp. It was a bit of a beast :d