How heavy is your Westfield

Tyson

Come on lets have some truth regarding your Westfield weights..

My fully road-legal SEight with windscreen, 2 seats, and cage but missing all the superfluous bits (doors, heater, boot box, spare wheel carrier, radio, cup holders, sat nav....) weighs 620kg minus me and 670-675kg (depending on how close it is to Christmas) with me on board.

Grannie Annie.

570kg as you see it below (with the bonnet on as well)

What have you changed on yours since it was 'standard'? Do you know the weight back then? 570kg sounds like my target now!

About 555kg, but it hasn't been weighed in a few years so that is a calculated number from the last weighing and the changes made.

Still has iron bell housing, hubs, calipers and a boot box, so there must be at least another 10kg to come out.

611 kgs last time it was weighed (fullish tank).

Must confess, with a boat anchor derived engine, I'm not sure a great deal can be done without making it incredibly spartan or becoming utterly obsessive about weight saving (and finding some way to pay for said addiction!)

Mine, when it was aeroscreened and on WF Sports Seats and RAC bar, but no heater or carpets on the floors, with a full tank of fuel used to be 584 kg. 

Haven't a clue what it is now with the screen etc.

my s2000 was weighed full of fuel, with spare wheel on back, doors, windscreen-and came in at 650kg! ouch. 

I was rather silly though and forgot to take the bag out the passenger well containing ratchet sets and other tools (was my first long journey  ;)  ) .... so probably about 620 without bag and spare wheel.

If I keep it, I might go for lightweight brakes next-a few kilos can be saved there. Would like a 5 at the start. Carpets might have to come out-

My (Caterham) started off at 650 kgs. After a bank vault of money and a lot of work it's now 707 kgs with all fluids and 1/2 tank fuel.

Then I get in and the whole thing seems pointless.

I had this debate when I had my mini's, 8yrs ago, when I fitted a carbon fibre roof, boot, bonnet and door skins and had them all painted, to maintain exterior looks. Mates argued weight saved had been lost due to paint. I then pointed out that a couple of my mates had reversed any attempts in the car by pint and pie munching!

my s2000 was weighed full of fuel, with spare wheel on back, doors, windscreen-and came in at 650kg! ouch. 

I was rather silly though and forgot to take the bag out the passenger well containing ratchet sets and other tools (was my first long journey  ;)  ) .... so probably about 620 without bag and spare wheel.

If I keep it, I might go for lightweight brakes next-a few kilos can be saved there. Would like a 5 at the start. Carpets might have to come out-

Brilliant. :d

Don't know weight of mine, wouldn't mind finding out. I have followed Norman by cutting bolts down a bit to save a bit, carpets out and vinyl going in to save... But I enjoy full screen, padded seats and use the boot box! Hahahahaha

However, if I get discharged and buy a house in Dorset I'm going to aim for the Mega S2000, strip everything out, aero screen, lowered floors, carbon seats... Etc. Mainly to stop me using it in the rain... Wonder how light I can get it, would love in 500's.

Not massively, 149kg I think. Something like a C20XE is about 130kg apparently.

I guess mine is a heavy boy then. Got mine setup at Procomp last week and got it weight in at 655kg with 3/4 tank of fuel on long range fuel tank.

With half a tank of fuel, in full roadgoing trim, two seats, lights, etc 485kg.

With me on board, quite a lot more.....

I was expecting you to be much chunkier Ian. :d