How heavy is your Westfield

Tyson

Come on lets have some truth regarding your Westfield weights.

Mine comes in at a mighty 626kg fully loaded with hood,doors and nearly full of fuel.

589kg with half a tank of fuel, not much interior, full cage, and nobody in it.

My (Caterham) started off at 650 kgs. After a bank vault of money and a lot of work it's now 507 kgs with all fluids and 1/2 tank fuel.

Then I get in and the whole thing seems pointless. 

About 402kgs with cage and fuel

• Like 2

Come on lets have some truth regarding your Westfield weights.

Mine comes in at a mighty 626kg fully loaded with hood,doors and nearly full of fuel.

That sounds about right for a road going Westfield. 

553.5kgs with a playskool roll bar, no doors and basically empty tank of fuel.  It does have a winscreen which I'm about to replace with an aeroscreen so I expect to save a few kgs there.

I only weigh 70-75kgs myself and I'm pretty much 6ft so can't really make myself much leaner  :laugh:

Norm, why did the Caterham weigh so much, did it have heater and other comforts?  I know you have a lot of carbon fibre so was a wee bit surprised you are not lighter.

Mine was 635kg with heater, padded seats & carpet, screen / doors / hood and spare wheel with most of a tank of fuel. Hopefully trim 40kg off that this year!

And a few other carbon bits 

YP, it had a heater, spare wheel, carpets plus lots of litttle bits that all add up. I removed nearly 2 kg by rewiring it and removing all the excess wiring and gubbins. Removing the air horns probably saved 1/2 Kilo.

Reducing weight must be a ruthless exercise. Remove everything that's not necessary and lighten everything you can whilst retaining safety.

However the biggest lump of weight is myself. I'm trying to get it down but it's proving difficult. 

i really need to find out. bet its not light with me sat in it  :(