seems fingerman is up his own arse

SteveD

yup there a pair of twunts together

Seb has so much to learn from Michael for yesterday.

1. Contracts. Make it clear who is boss and what should happen if you are behind or in front. They can moan about it once they leave while sitting on a massive pile of cash like Barichello or Irvine.

2. Apologising. No. Just no. Never ever ever apologise. Ever.

3. Denial. Everyone knows you were given team orders. You know you were given team orders. When the media asks you tell them 'there were no team orders'. Straight face. No smirking.

I suspect things will, on the surface at least, go back to how they were before the race and Webber will see out his contract. It would of course be most amusing should Webber be in a position to hand the world championship to someone else come the final race, e.g. Let Alonso through and block Seb hard.

Obviously things have been bad between Vettel/Webber since Istanbul clash, but if you look at Horners comments he mentioned bad-blood following Brazil last year, where Webber closed the door on Vettel at the start ultimately putting him in the firing line for the clash that nearly cost him the title.

I cant understand why red Bull did not radio the offending driver to ease off and let Mark back through

Agreed, Vettel did look very upset that he hadn't obeyed team orders and yes he will apologise to Webber and the team. But what if he had taken both cars out during the wee skirmish and he has the points in the bag. Win win situation I believe they call it. Don't particularly like the girly way he screams when he wins either.

Bob :d  :d

I think he was committed to ignoring team orders and passing Webber but was trying to do it 'legit' by completing the pass during the pitstops. When he exited the pit lane behind Webber the red mist ensued... I think in normal circumstances Webber would have had the pace to keep the dirty german at bay - he managed it throughout the race before being told to cool it.

I don't think he needs suspending for a race or whatever. He just needs a visit from karma. When he races the engine for the last time it should expire, preferably a few hundred metres from finishing a race he's dominating.

I think it made for a much better race personally..  everyone enjoyed it, everyones talking about it and everyone can't wait until the weekend for the next round.  It would have been quite an anticlimax to watch the top four trundle towards the finish line.  What made it a wee bit somber post race was that all three podium finishers didn't really want to be there but the race was ace  :d

Gerhard Berger said it well on the radio today.  The very best are pre-programmed to be selfish.  It's their instinct and it's what makes them the very best.

Hmmm .... Suspend Vettel for the next race, nice idea!

http://www.forumula1.com/news/watson-red-bull-should-suspend-vettel-for-one-race/

That idea would most likely originate from the Alonso/Ferrari camp, it would certainly suit them the most.

In most circumstances normal the offending driver (Vettel) would be reprimanded and/or fined and/or banned by his own team. I can't see the latter happening in this case and as a Alonso and Ferrari loather I certainly hope not :)

I cant understand why red Bull did not radio the offending driver to ease off and let Mark back through

i dont think they would have done this. their wording at all points was to do with getting the team a 1:2 finish but without actually saying specifically let the guy behind through or no overtaking. they sort of nunney footed about saying things like seb this is silly or keep a 3 second gap or hold position but never specifically do not overtake. (as far as i remember) so ina childish way he was not told to not overtake just to hold position. its all beating about the same bush but i think the lack of a clear warning tells.

if seb had have been told to move over it could have been taken as webber is more important. maybe it would have served as a warning that the team is greater than him but probably would hae just made it worse or morelikely he would have just not bothered untill right at the last min and said that he did but webber was too slow to take it.

hammy/niko was more cut and dry. although i dont agree with team orders it happened and they did as they were told. nico wanted to do it and brawn said no dont do it. i think the definitive flat tone from brawn made it clear to nico that this is the way it is. granted he isnt a 3x world champion but he was clearly faster than hammy.

Radio message to Vettel was " this is getting silly Seb" shoild give us a clue

and at interview Webber asked Vettel " what happened to the 2, 1 finish? ---ie their Race numbers

I think they also have a private radio circuit as well as the public one that's broadcast. We'll never know what was said to him over that.

I doubt you can be a successful F1 driver if you're not 100% competitive in everything you do. It's just that some go a bit too far but that's the nature of the beast.