Complete Kit Car Magazine - reviews the Mega S2000

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/Issue/latestissue.html

Happened to spot the magazine while I was buying a birthday card in WHSmiths this morning, I thought the bright red Westfield on the cover looked familiar, it was the new Mega S2000 demonstrator.

Just had a read through while I was on my coffee break; what a cracking good review for Westfield. Interesting to see it's now available in starter kit version too, not just the full kit less engine/drive train.

I can feel my bank manager shiver! :d:westy::xmas:

Give him a warm coat or take him out in the car, that'll warm him up.

Interesting as we were only discussing chassis in another thread recently, the article is the first time outside the factory's press release I've heard anything much said about the new optional Reynolds tube front end.

"The lightweight Reynolds tubing, high quality dampers and well chose spring rates all combine to superlative effect that's largely unmatched by other sevenesque competitors. We'd say it's one of the defining features of the new chassis package."

Hi, another good read in this months complete kit car  going off the above topic a bit  is the write up on Biofuel  E5  E10 and how it may cause some Kit cars some problems, also some older tin tops and diesel engines

looks the mutts nuts.

isn't the type r lump quite a heavy unit?

I told you it was a good'n!  The weight of the Honda engine isn't an issue and I think it's due to the fact that the engine and gearbox is so far back.  The gear stick comes straight out of the box - no extension.  It felt different to my C20XE and I think it's due to this change.

Just off to Smiths myself!!

Rory's Dad

the mega S2000 has always been available in starter kit form .i ordered one of the first at stoneleigh last year and i only purchased the starter package with one or two extra's

It was a great review on clearly a cracking package. When you think how much it costs to get that power out of a VX or a Duratec it becomes cheaper still. I went and had a look on the web at buying an S2000 to break and the numbers stack up well. One of the guy's in the Bristol area has one and is a police armed response driver, he says his is astoudendly quick on the track and more so on the road.

Has anybody witnessed the performance yet? As a few work lads have the civic type r im not sure if the s2000 donkey is any different but i wasnt overly impressed with theirs! Sounds like its doing warp speed and its not hanging about in all fairness, but until they are warm the vtec doesnt come in and when it does its like a power band! Does this affect the westfield with it being so light? Im sure its a different animal altogether in a proper car though :d

there is a definate power difference between on and off vtec.... The benefits of having it in the uk is that you can simply use a remappable ecu and let the vtec come in earlier... The normal engagement happens around 6000rpm, apparently the optimum is around 4-4500 revs (I have to use stock ecu for germany)-this gives you quite a bit more torque in the mid range.. The stock ecu also runs the engine rather rich in the top end revs.. with your ecu you can adjust this, which will nett you about 8hp more top end too!!!

Its definately not an engine which just squeels but doesnt really go anywhere....

I was out in mine with a friend at the end of last year (just managed to get it registered before winter set in), so as a one off, he timed me;  I hit 100mph in about 8-8.5 seconds.60 was done with in 4.0 (this was also taking into account slight speedo tolerances).

Again this was a one off attempt... with the right tyres, right weather, Im sure I could shave off close to a half second 0-60.

this is what I fancy doing next time, if I can get it through german emissions:

http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-196-s2000-f24c-street-race-package.aspx

its the s2000 with the k24 crank, and h22 rods-you can fit them as standard parts from the accord (as the rod/piston lengths all fit), but inlinepro build them specifically for the s2000.

2.0 turns into 2.35l-power from around 230 moves upto 300! torque also goes up massively (which is the main aim for me)-from 155ish to 190ish

Thanks for the info i stand corrected and gladly i might add! Sounds very impressive! I do recall the lads at work mentioning ecu options lowering Vtec entry but its out of there league and they get bored of cars quick. One things for sure with the Vtec donkey is make sure your oil is plentyful if it runs too low it can damage the Vtec so they say. Cant see that being a cheap fix :cry:

this is what I fancy doing next time, if I can get it through german emissions:

http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-196-s2000-f24c-street-race-package.aspx

its the s2000 with the k24 crank, and h22 rods-you can fit them as standard parts from the accord (as the rod/piston lengths all fit), but inlinepro build them specifically for the s2000.

2.0 turns into 2.35l-power from around 230 moves upto 300! torque also goes up massively (which is the main aim for me)-from 155ish to 190ish

I must be in the wrong job! That moneys a pipe dream to me

I had an S2000 after the Robin Hood and it moved... Oh god it moved. But had to rev engine like you would a motorbike! Then I wasn't too impressed with handling.

So got the Westfield. I said at the time a S2000 Westfield would be amazing... Little did I know the factory had been developing it for a few months!

Went out in the Mega S2000 today, cracking car. Felt much smoother than mine. Suspension, power, everything seemed smoother. The Vtec was set to come in earlier than the S2000 I had, which made it smoother and power went on and one!

However... Aero screen! Below 30-40 was just like full screen, no doors. 40-60 got a bit blowy... 70ish... Well I wish I had a helmet on! Only clipped up to 70 for a couple of seconds, literally hit the speed and backed straight back off again. Most of the time was in traffic and not out of 2nd.

thats if you let them do all the work for you... the stroker kit costs 2000dollars-then bearings/gaskets/headwork etc etc.... You could save yourself a bit if you can do the work yourself... dont forget it is in dollars tho.... You wont get a 300hp duratec for that money.And this will be a nearly new complete engine. alternatively-get yourself a k24 crank, and h22 rods and do it yourself for probably 1/4 of cost...

read this:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0609turp_honda_f20c_stroker_build/viewall.html

guest, Ive got a screen. Cant see me getting rid of it.. Might improve performance-but will ruin the experience imho.

I want to drive it more often-