At what age did you get your first 7 type car

Norman Verona

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tried at 17, but told not get insurance until I was 21, at 21 I was told it was 25... Then at 25 and 34 days I got a Robin Hood, 2.0 pinto with a T4 turbo, Audi inter cooler and lots of stuff done to engine. Wiring loom held together with choc blocks and tape! I almost got a 1.6 CVH Westfield, but TURBO!!! So went Hood. Found most hood owners were in their 60's, a few in 40's and not many in late 20's early 30's. however... Here most people seem to be 25-35.

Should've got a Westfield 5yrs ago!

31 boy hood dream completed after drooling over my dads westys for years

Got mine at 53, when I realised I was getting too old for anything really FAST. Also needed.. something with a cup holder.

19 when the Westfield was purchased but had a Robin Hood for about 2 months before hand then realised it would never be the car I wanted it to be.

Age 60 after waiting since I was 18....will have it until the day comes that I cant get out of it..

21 when i bought my first Westfield, it was a red narrow with clam shells. 1600 xflow.   No. 88WSE285  reg ENE 245T

Had it 3 years then sold it to get a deposit on my first house.

15 years later bought the Sweet Orange one....

Had it 3 years..

Now for sale.

47 years old, to build with my 15 & 13 year old sons - next year is rebuilding a 1950 Sunbeam S8 that my Dad used as for 60 miles daily commute until 1980 when it last  ran.  Hopefully by the time they leave home the boys will have some practical mechanical skills to complement the theory they'll learn in the formal education system, understand the benefits of RWD and, when I shuffle of this mortal coil, they can flip a coin for the Westfield or Sunbeam - unless they've build their own by then!

• Like 1

At 21 I bought my Lotus 7 Series 2 Cosworth 1340  in 1965, the idea to convert it to a track car.Half way through I discovered sex, then.

1. Married.

2. Children.

3. Multiple divorces.

Looking back racing would have been a lot cheaper,I finished up racing and enjoying  bikes.

Got mine at 24 as a starter kit.(1993)

Registered it 18 months later.

Seriously looked at robin hoods at the time as I had a rusting Dolomite Sprint and they could be used as a parts car at the time.

Always wanted the Westfield after seeing them in Cars and Car Conversions but didn't think I could afford one. (anyone remember the white one with the chequered nose. always liked that)

Still got the same one now. Although its changed a bit over the time

Edited: Got my age wrong. Doh. :blush:

22. My present to myself for finishing my apprenticeship and getting a production engineer job.

Almost convinced myself after 15 years it is time to move on, just not sure what to...

At 21 I bought my Lotus 7 Series 2 Cosworth 1340  in 1965, the idea to convert it to a track car.Half way through I discovered sex, then.

1. Married.

2. Children.

3. Multiple divorces.

Looking back racing would have been a lot cheaper,I finished up racing and enjoying  bikes.

Are the bikes the two wheeled variety, or a reference to multiple divorces :)  :) :)  :)  :)