Saving Polar Bears - Simples

Captain Colonial

Every time I look, someone is banging on about saving the polar bears.  That's fine, they should saved, I'm all in favour of it - even if they are so stupid that they won't eat anything but meat, thus starving if they were trapped in a green grocers.  But everyone wants to save them by stopping global warming.  By the time we pull our fingers out, and if we figure out how to do it, it will probably be too late and they'll be dead and gone.

There's a far simpler solution: Ship them to the Antarctic.

It's nice and cold and snowy down there, just the way they like it.  The places is hip deep in penguins - there's millions of them, so they won't starve and frankly, penguins have been very lazy on the evolutionary side of things anyway.  They've let themselves go, got fat and lazy, and even stopped flying even though they have wings.  The little gits will start to evolve and fly again PDQ if they're being chased by polar bears.  And the polar bears can watch the penguins and learn to slide on their stomachs to go faster and conserve energy, so evolving themselves.  Penguins have got it coming to them IMO.

So screw global warming and the cost of fixing it.  Let's go dart all the polar bears, fly them to the Antarctic, turn on the cameras, set them free and watch what happens.  It would be a hell of a lot faster and cheaper than saving the planet.  Once they're not endangered any more, we can decide if we leave them there or move them back, or move the penguins that are left to the Arctic and let them have a go up north.

Simples.

• Like 1

Can we do it with grizzly's and the European parliment too please?

have you been on the sherry today?

I dunno - but I am seeing pink Westies instead of pink elephants.

new pic will be added soon once the car is back together

You are forgetting Scott, that those who are running the schemes to fleece money to save a polar bears wouldn't want that. They too have become fat and lazy on the back of guilable people who sponser them, paying themselves big fat salaries in the process all in the guise of turning back something that is natural. Mother nature has a habit of doing the right thing without our help.

Whilst we are on a rant, saw those against fracking have set up a dummy drill site in George Osbournes town. So how did they get there, yes they drove couldn't get all that on the bus could they? Same thing when Friends of the Earth were picketing Esso. the dumb unwashed girl holding the banner was shocked when I wnet in and even more so when I had a conversation on how they got there and did she see any irony in waving a plastic banner? Yes she had no ide plastic was made from oil.

Global warming is not man made, in fact in certain areas it is colder than before, so change it to climate change then we can include everything. Telling the truth has no profit in that.

Scott dont pick on the penguins , did you get bitten by 1 as a child ?

Yes.  I was attacked as a child on one of my famous trips to the South Pole ("Scott of the Antarctic").  Can't believe you've never heard of my exploits before.

Thought it was you, well done for getting back safely although the story I heard ended differently ??????

Big respect

Surely you wouldn't believe something written in a book published by Penguin?

OK so far. But then we'll have a "Save the Penguin" campaign.

I saw an article that said that 97% of CO2 came from the oceans. So all we, as humans, can affect is 3%. Hardly a lot.

The people we elect to look after our interests see the so called "climate change" as a way to tax us in such a way that we can't complain. But "climate change" has been happening since the earth formed 3.5 billion years ago. So, think about this. The Earth has existed for 3,500,000,000 years. 10,000 years ago the ice stretched from the north pole to the southern tips of the UK, In real terms, a few minutes ago. In fact the earth is still warming from that time.

We vote them in, we must take the consequences.

As far as I know there's more polar bears now than there's been since the 1950s. They are a drug on the market!

Good idea, but there has to be some cute fluffy thing that's used in money spinning scams! As Jeff said!

However, why make a simple solution? Nobody would ever believe things could be that simple!

I hope no Polar Bears were harmed in the making of this thread.

Scott dont pick on the penguins , did you get bitten by 1 as a child ?

he bit his finger while opening the wrapper  :d