Auto-Test Westie

Gazza

I've never taken note of auto-testing before BUT there was a superb side-by-side competition shown on the TARA (dee Oirish channel on Sky) last night.

The top dog had a very crisp and fast red Westie that he threw around phenomenal amazing skill. It was set up v. low with minimum frills - even no rev counter!

Anyhow, look out for the programme when it's repeated at 4.30pm Saturday 10th:Tara Channel, RPM Motorsport, Toyota Supertest.

I got shown a video of the auto-test series once, it was on one of Sky's motorsport magazines. In amongst all the custom mini-specials were a few Westfields. Absolutely stunning car control, they make the cars dance. It was mind-blowing. Thank heavens Gosfield with the Essex crowd isn't like that every year :D

Graeme.

I saw some autotesting on World Motorsports on Sky earlier in the year from Ireland. There was a couple of stripped out pre-lit Westie competing then against loads of chopped up mini speacials. Super precision handling.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Driver was Sam Bowden from N.Ireland , has been British champion several times in Minis and fancied a change to rear wheel drive !

He is my cousin and very keen to have a spin in my ZX12 engined Westy .

Some reservations as you can imagine .

Backwards in 6th does not bear thinking about .