westfield VS other race sevens

Siert

Now here's a question.....

How do other race sevens ie locust,sylva...etc.(not c******m) compare to a race westfield.

I've already got a westfield but dont want to race it! :angry:

So i'm looking for an alternative.. I know what i'll get from westfield but has anyone considered any of the other options?

Is anyone racing anything other than a Westfield?

please lett me know your vieuws!

regards Siert.

Hi Siert

have you voted for Zetecs yet ? :D

Sylvas seem to be the best choice in the 750MC KitCar. Very light, and handle to match.

The Fury Busa seems to be the class of the field since it came into the 750MC BikeSeries as they have the aerodynamics and the handling.

And in the JCC Centurion Endurance the R500s are romping it.

So, the solution would be to drop a Minister R500 engine into a Fury chassis......Oh please oh please oh please :D

Sylvas? Are you mad? Look at the welding and rigidity and then ask yourself why they are light.

Look here for quality kit: www.procomp.co.uk

John

You've obviously never seen the trailing link brackets being welded onto the frame at the factory or seen a striker going through some esses from the right angle.

I've seen the results they get. I've seen the new IRS chassis. I've seen them on track. I've seen the price. I've seen the weights. I've seen myself convinced.

If it's winning, I'll buy it. Stick a Skoda on the front row of the grid consistently and I'd sell my current car to own one. I don't care what it looks like as long as it gives you the opportunity to win races. I'd rather be first in a BAR than last in Ferarri......

Sorry ladies, small deviation from the original...

I must admit, being a newbie owner (only 20 months and counting) I'm consistently surprised by the lack of a 7's type race series, including Caterhams.

I can't work out why it's not done, even if it wasn't factory backed. I'd certainly go and watch (he said, not having 2 beans to rub together).

Peter

P.S. I have no idea why I'd want to rub 2 beans together ???

Graham,

At last, we find out the real reason that you're selling up. Your buying a Skoda  ;)

Eh? Lack of race series, even Caterhams???????????

Whilst I wouldn't seek to actively promote another marque over ours, the c******m boys have, The Academy, The Graduates, The Super Graduates, Roadsports, and Superlight championships. They are also successful in the JCC Centurion challenge, and the 750MC kit car championships, which includes the factory cars.

I have high hopes for GeeFin in the JCC next year too, in whatever he decides to drive.

That says nothing of the hundreds of sprints and hillclimbs, most of which will feature a Westfield/c******m/Sylva/LoCost of some sort.

You need to get out more..........  :p  :p

Ok thanks for all the replies.....I am looking for a I.R.S option and find all these Locost chassis builders! How well built are they?? How do they cope with up to 200BHP?

any help or suggestions welcome :D

Is c******m a dirty word??? it looks the way Jerry Springer sounds on this bulletin board! ;)

Siert

Quote from Blatman, posted on Nov. 02 2001,16:31

Eh? Lack of race series, even c******ms???????????

You need to get out more..........  :p  :p

Sorry, I wasn't clear...I meant race series where different varieties of 7's types mixed it together. Given that the Kit car class appears full of Westies, Sylva's, etc, I'd go further to say that I rarely see a race series that involves *all* the 7's types (nb. including c******m).

As for the getting out more, I think you're right on the nose, Blat, but I'd still direct you to my "bean" reference.

:(

I seem to remember that when the Slyva's started kicking c******m ass in the 750MC Kit Car series a bit of a fuss was kicked up and a c******m only class was created. However, saying that, the R500s are wiping the floor with everything in the JCC (I think they've won every single one).

Got a few c******ms joining the Speed Series next year which should be fun. Be interesting to see how the times compare.....

Hi GF,

Started building the "skoda" yet or are you still trying to sell the present animal ?  :)

By the way, I'll definately be up your way around month end.

Martin.