Poor guest

FILFAN

I've got an older, (nineties edition) of Roadcraft. Interesting to study, and have gone back and refreshed it occasionally. I might grab a copy of the new one. (Does it mention Civic Type R's particularly? It should!)

cherry... have you been run over mate? again??

Yep!

Torn three tendons in rotator cuff, there's only four! Full thickness tear of the muscle and going to have right shoulder taken apart to repair the left!

So going down route of locksmith/auto locksmith and combine it with forestry management.

Yep!

Torn three tendons in rotator cuff, there's only four! Full thickness tear of the muscle and going to have right shoulder taken apart to repair the left!

So going down route of locksmith/auto locksmith and combine it with forestry management.

when did this happen. is this seperate to when you and mrs c got run over?

Oh, my driving's very defensive. I'm in a Westfield and everyone round here drive's soft roaders!

Plus add to fact what the driving is like around here I think I'd be dead by now of I took any chances.

Oh Norman's question about the horn making a difference, yes it probably would! Remember about humans looking for a car, big metal box with four wheels and Westfield not look like that, so not seen. The horn would be like a slap across the face!

I've gas three people walk into the side of my Westfield, where they're looking out and up and not straight in front and down. One ended up on my lap, one over my rear wing and on the floor behind me and the other fell over the front wheel!!! These were all totally different times.

Oh, my driving's very defensive. I'm in a Westfield and everyone round here drive's soft roaders!

Plus add to fact what the driving is like around here I think I'd be dead by now of I took any chances.

Oh Norman's question about the horn making a difference, yes it probably would! Remember about humans looking for a car, big metal box with four wheels and Westfield not look like that, so not seen. The horn would be like a slap across the face!

I've had three people walk into the side of my Westfield, where they're looking out and up and not straight in front and down. One ended up on my lap, one over my rear wing and on the floor behind me and the other fell over the front wheel!!! These were all totally different times.

Cherry, i wouldnt want your luck mate - getting run into/over all the time.... i'd steer clear for forestry management mate...  there big machines in the woods.... i'd stay indooors!!! :p 

My escape route was forwards - performed a perfect launch as I saw her coming. Still she managed a fairly hefty impact, even knocked the gearbox out of gear with throttle buried hard.

To not have been there would have been best way to avoid. Oh well, was 14 years ago now although can remember like it was yesterday.

And I'm sure I read Roadcraft many years ago.

Couldn't drive totally in that style as I couldn't change my habit of heeling and toeing 20 or so years ago.

Sounds like all this is happening in a foreign country.Must say I think I`m blessed where I live............most drivers are good and those that aren`t pull over out of your way in case you splash their shiny Soft Roaders.

Well how to you avoid getting run over when crossing a pedestrian crossing with green light and beepers? Car was speeding through red light, taking right hand turn and he was on his phone,

Anyway...

I wish I could write every near miss where I've Dodged on foot, jumped into people's drives as cars mounted pavements and ducked around corners!

Wrong place wrong time! I spend most of my time out of the house and I do a lot of miles around brum... So bound to happen. I have dug old pics of roads today for you all... All taken over three days and all "collisions" less than 48hrs old. I'll take more tomorrow for you. Saw car in wall on way to work and on way back from work saw someone reversing off a BT box they bent.

DBDEBD9B-B273-40F6-B244-C7846499CA11-2145863AB3C-3D38-4DB0-BF13-7541597D069D-214592966D6-5CCF-4E34-BE8E-2746EEE55747-214E2799506-1D91-4794-84E1-DFC9A13F3CE2-214

Shocked myself rigid......really am blessed.....

saw a dead badger and about 5 pheasants dead this morning (pheasants not peasants)on my way to work & about a dozen cars!!!!!!!

This morning I saw two collisions! One lady swerved at a zebra crossing because she was doing a lot over 30 and not looking, almost hit a kid who was walking across the crossing and hit the barrier/lamp post!

C62ED218-3525-481E-8AB7-35EF112B74DE-401

Next was a rear ending at traffic lights, an old merc driven by a mid 20's African male came round the corner, rear ended a Picasso which hit a focus... All three drivers were shouting at each other and arguing over who's fault it was and all three were African I think, don't think they were caribbean, car's, aggression and clothes were all seemed very African.

Then I saw evidence of collisions and took pictures. These are less than 2 miles apart from each other and my walk into work. The two previously metioned were my walk to my medical appointment.

This barrier was replaced last week... And bent already!

29882B7A-E3EA-4A85-B79E-900EA7F05864-401

Tyre tracks from 2 different incidents as a result of under steer. Been here 10 weeks now and seen 4 cars come off here, one ended up in pond other side of hedge. However... During the snow only one Peugeot 206 ended up in the hedge. Seen a golf with one hell of a bent wheel! This is I housing estate and t-junction 500 meters from main road. Kids play here... Right where these tracks are! I don't drive over 10-15 around here!

033F53BF-14F9-4FCD-A2FA-555E0147736A-401

Car was in there last Tuesday!

5D70D696-CD75-45CD-ABEA-F6A45F9DD21E-401

This is the collision I witnessed yesterday.

A9410558-F1F9-4337-93A1-98E6557E0707-401

Not like this on way to work yesterday...

F4D2B761-5912-4FB0-A406-27C4D2F8C071-401

I did take pictures of broken headlights, bits of bumper, broken wheel trims, a screen was reservoir and other things, 11 clear signs of collisions, but not putting minor knocks up on here.

How do live there..???? Can`t remember the last time I saw a collision.....did see a Volvo in a field last week but not sure if it was an accident.....

Think best thing you can do is move ,or keep off the road mate. :cry: