Poor guest

FILFAN

After reading many if guest's posts he obviously does alot of travelling around brum and slates the local drivers. Today I had the pleasure of working in Sandwell and I must admit it was one of the worst places to drive. I was also in London yesterday and atleast you expect idiot drivers in the capital but I would rather drive there.

Chin up lad :)

Sandwell is the Black Country ;) the yam yams do not class it as Brum :)  ;)  :d it's a different accent and council authority :) the driving is much better in Sandwell than in Brum .......... they drive a lot slower in Sandwell so impact damage can be a lot less ;)  :d

i knew it would be less than 10 minutes for that to be posted - good one Mr Stanton  :) LOL

Yes but unfortunately I can't teleport there and drove through brum via b&q from our office near the nec :arse::)

Sandwell Mrs C drives there as it's good driving!

Smethwick too!

She'll drive from harbourne, south to M5 or across to Westfield factory... But north is a no go!

If anyone (every day for a week any time between 7am and 9pm) can go from Handswoth, to soho road, over snow hill fly over, onto A38 round to QE hospital and back via 5 ways round about (island if you're a brummie!) through lady wood, winson green and back over soho road to Handsworth and to the m6 without having to use the horn, emergency stop or sudden steering to avoid something I'll donate my Westfield to testicular cancer research!

When I had my S2000 I filmed the driving and put it on YouTube! I filled up my YouTube allowance in a week!

• Like 1

Yes but unfortunately I can't teleport there and drove through brum via b&q from our office near the nec :arse::)

Still not going through a particularly bad area!

Thank you for doing as everyone does! Nobody believes me till they come here and see it for themselves.

In my Robin Hood I was rear ended at a red light, but it was my fault for stopping... Rule 3, 3 cars after a red light can get through. The driver attempted to run me over, then plates came back as unrecognised!

So I got a S2000, a proper car, well people aimed for it, purposely blocked me and every golf would drive up me A*** then try to pass me in 30's! Ended up with someone skidding out of a junction in the wet into the back quarter!

Next was Westfield and I collected it Friday night and went for a drive Saturday morning when this happened...

58C4D542-A87D-44BB-9CA0-3A19E476D7DA-922

Golf wrong side of road went to turn down side road, on the wrong side. Young mother with 2 under 3's in the car. "I didn't see you!" As you can see, dead straight road and my car's bright yellow!

Next was at a traffic light controlled cross road with someone coming opposite way taking a right, so across my path... Then saw me, stopped, I almost passed him and he accelerated into the side of me, his headlight ended up on my lap! I spun round a bit, stopped... Looked across and he was driving off! I floored it, chased him, overtook him and pulled across him, forcing him to stop.

Next was crossing the road, car took a right, on the phone, racing a red light (must of been third car) and ran both mrs c and myself over.

They are the actual accidents I've been the driver/walker. Been in about 5 as a passenger, once in a taxi! Then there's the near misses... I've been clipped at least 5 times on a zebra crossing where half way across the road and car keeps coming at me and I've moved out of the way! On Christmas Day mrs c and myself were almost hit in this way and car skidded to a halt at my feet! Then you have the guy that slammed his brakes on in front of me, got out holding his neck shouting at me for driving into the back of him... I was 3 feet from his car!

Then add the people that don't look in car parks and when reversing in to a space they keep coming at me till I hit my horn and realise I'm there!

Anyway, cheers for the thought.

Sandwell to NEC via B&Q ............ pah thats an easy option :d  :d

I'll raise you through various back roads of Smethwick into Handsworth down Soho Road then Lozells Road to 6 ways Aston down towards Nechells - every morning just to avoid the M5/M6 traffic jams - and yes the doors are locked and I don't stop for anything except a red light ;)  :(  :arse:  ???  :suspect:

Cherry, many years ago I had to look at a job (brownfield development) near the old IMI factory.... I was in a bentley Mulsanne..... stopped outside a pub and was asked if i had any coke.... must have looked like a dealer..... 

I'd comment but as MemSec I'd only offend at least one member.

Once I retire though....! ;)

James you sure are close to the truth ;) Audi R8's, Mercs, BMW's, - When I was freelance I had a job at a consultancy which meant I ended up driving home down the Lozells Road every night ( I soon moved elsewhere) but the entertainment was always provided by spotting a 3 series BMW soft-top parked up and left open outside a pub, whilst over the road at the Barber shop the dealers stood outside doing their "deals" only small single wraps, they kept their main stash hidden in the shop - they would walk through the barbers round the back and appear back outside via an alleyway - if they were carrying too much money they walk across the road to the BMW and drop it in that :d  :d  within 15 minutes of sitting at traffic lights - there was more money transactions than the greek economy :d  :d

Still not going through a particularly bad area!

Thank you for doing as everyone does! Nobody believes me till they come here and see it for themselves.

In my Robin Hood I was rear ended at a red light, but it was my fault for stopping... Rule 3, 3 cars after a red light can get through. The driver attempted to run me over, then plates came back as unrecognised!

So I got a S2000, a proper car, well people aimed for it, purposely blocked me and every golf would drive up me A*** then try to pass me in 30's! Ended up with someone skidding out of a junction in the wet into the back quarter!

Next was Westfield and I collected it Friday night and went for a drive Saturday morning when this happened...

58C4D542-A87D-44BB-9CA0-3A19E476D7DA-922

Golf wrong side of road went to turn down side road, on the wrong side. Young mother with 2 under 3's in the car. "I didn't see you!" As you can see, dead straight road and my car's bright yellow!

Next was at a traffic light controlled cross road with someone coming opposite way taking a right, so across my path... Then saw me, stopped, I almost passed him and he accelerated into the side of me, his headlight ended up on my lap! I spun round a bit, stopped... Looked across and he was driving off! I floored it, chased him, overtook him and pulled across him, forcing him to stop.

Next was crossing the road, car took a right, on the phone, racing a red light (must of been third car) and ran both mrs c and myself over.

They are the actual accidents I've been the driver/walker. Been in about 5 as a passenger, once in a taxi! Then there's the near misses... I've been clipped at least 5 times on a zebra crossing where half way across the road and car keeps coming at me and I've moved out of the way! On Christmas Day mrs c and myself were almost hit in this way and car skidded to a halt at my feet! Then you have the guy that slammed his brakes on in front of me, got out holding his neck shouting at me for driving into the back of him... I was 3 feet from his car!

Then add the people that don't look in car parks and when reversing in to a space they keep coming at me till I hit my horn and realise I'm there!

Anyway, cheers for the thought.

Looks like you need to move somewhere else mate  ???

Looks like you need to move somewhere else mate  ???

Only here because it's where the army put me!

Should be out early next year, off to Dorset for a couple of years, then away to oz!

Cherry, many years ago I had to look at a job (brownfield development) near the old IMI factory.... I was in a bentley Mulsanne..... stopped outside a pub and was asked if i had any coke.... must have looked like a dealer..... 

Out in Bournemouth I was asked that a fair few times... I was T-total at the time and driving... So drinking water made me a dealer!