North Weald Activity Day - Essex Airfield - 11Th May

kevip6

Totally agree, also changed to my sprint roll bar tonight so i have something taller above my head.

Just go to decide which tyres to fit.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kevip6

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Mark (smokey mow)

• Matt F

old wheels with virtually slick a048's fitted - levels checked - car and jerry can filled - paperwork printed off etc etc

just need to bring the trailer home tomorrow and get the car loaded up :t-up::devil: :devil: really looking forwards to it

I'm taking my helmet, only just brought it so need to try it out!!

I was wondering about tyres but I figure I want to use the day to get a feel for my cars grip levels for track use and how it feels when it's on and over the limit whilst I have gallons of run off area and no other cars near me! So I'll have my R888's on (just put them on tonight actually).

But..... I am going to trailer to car there so I can take some tools and my spare wheels in the car in case it's really destroying the Toyo's and I fancy swapping to the old road tyres on the back to "test" the LSD ;)

Having been there before I would suggest the crappiest tyres possible, the organisers tell you to pump them to the max so the tyre doesn't get torn off the rim, there is some uneven ground and some stony bits on the sprint area.

Having been there before I would suggest the crappiest tyres possible, the organisers tell you to pump them to the max so the tyre doesn't get torn off the rim, there is some uneven ground and some stony bits on the sprint area.

b*******, that's my evening gone then as I now think I should put an old set on. I have shiney new 205s at the mo. The old ones are 195s, with spacers for the rear, I guess (can you tell I didn't fit the new ones myself...). So will going from my pretty well setup 205s back to the old 195s cause any issues? I'll be doing M25 - M11 there and back... It's not too far for me.

ok thanks for the heads up - will be applying some gaffer tape tonight

ref tyres they only recommend that you pump the tyres up on tin tops - 7's are usually fine (according to the confirmation email sent out)

but if you wanted to spend more time sideways you could pump them right up I suppose :devil:

Yes I spent plenty of time sideways and that was in a Front wheel drive car.

So you mean I'm actually going to spend a lot of time going backwards!

lets hope we all have a spin or two, or three :t-up: if not we are not trying hard enough :d

weather forecast looks great too :cool:

I have an old set of Toyo boots on that need 'finishing off' ready for the fresh set delivered over the winter, this sounds like the perfect venue!

I have an old set of Toyo boots on that need 'finishing off' ready for the fresh set delivered over the winter, this sounds like the perfect venue!

Correcto!

Tyres changed, trailer loaded, i'm all set to go :t-up:

Tyres changed, trailer loaded, i'm all set to go :t-up:

Already! I've only just got home from work... 20min kip in front of Eastenders and I better drag myself out to the garage....

I've got my brand new Toyos on :( and loaded on the trailer.

Got my spare wheels loaded in the car in case