V8 Restoration

8pots

Having been built for 20 years and going through many incarnations I am embarking on a winter rebuild and refresh.

Hopefully some will find pictures interesting.

Went from this in 1993

Westfield201112058.jpg

Westfield201112057.jpg

To white and yellow, then bright pearlescent orange then to this

Westfield08.jpg

And then this

Iphonephotos2011243.jpg

Will upload more as rebuild progresses. Got to get this lot back on!

Iphonephotos2011249.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8pots

• Andrew

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Oh my word, I think I'm feeling faint now :d

Couple more chassis photos. Quite alot of modification to this...pretty much all the areas brazed.

I am not doing the work, all being done by Motorsport Components in Bolton who originally built the car back in 1993

Iphonephotos2011261.jpg

Iphonephotos2011262.jpg

Iphonephotos2011260.jpg

Iphonephotos2011257.jpg

Iphonephotos2011256.jpg

Iphonephotos2011248.jpg

when you say braze - is that with oxy acetylene?

I used to braze 20+ years ago - tell me more about how they are doing it :yes:

I love it.

I guess you know there's a tube missing from the passenger foot well - or is that for them to get in/out.

How does that gearbox/engine mount all fit together?

Mike

Not sure about tube in footwell. There was a diagonal into footwell from the top of the cage but that is being replaced with a full cage now. Have you got a picture of the tube on another car?

I remember seeing an orange car very similar to this one at an RS owners day at Croft years ago... it was being driven very well by a youngish Scottish lad with glasses. Could it be the same car / former owner?

I did of course, have a memorable ride round Teesside in the car last year. It's some beast! :cool:

Reckon this was me. I am not Scottish though but do sometimes wear glasses. I have had it for 15 years and was White when I got it. We had a problem with exhausts that day....used to have ally cans and it blew the tailpipes off each one. Then in the pit had an air filter fire. A friend of mine crashed hi Westfield on the day and for the afternoon they were both stricken in the pits!

Reckon this was me. I am not Scottish though but do sometimes wear glasses. I have had it for 15 years and was White when I got it. We had a problem with exhausts that day....used to have ally cans and it blew the tailpipes off each one. Then in the pit had an air filter fire. A friend of mine crashed hi Westfield on the day and for the afternoon they were both stricken in the pits!

Ah, well if you've had the car fifteen years and remember doing an RS day at Croft, we've met before. (Breifly!) .. Not sure where I got the Scottish bit from.. old brain cells playing up. :bangshead::t-up:

I love it.

I guess you know there's a tube missing from the passenger foot well - or is that for them to get in/out.

How does that gearbox/engine mount all fit together?

Mike

Someone has pointed this out now. It was bent so has been replaced.

Iphonephotos2011255.jpg

Iphonephotos2011254.jpg

Iphonephotos2011253.jpg

Iphonephotos2011251.jpg

Iphonephotos2011250.jpg

that looks a very tasty beastie

good luck and keep the pics coming

That's got some very nice bit's under there :d :d :d really big gearbox :o was this one of the Endurance race car's like the Flymo ?

No it was built originally as a hillclimb car. The gearbox is a very early Quaife... I think a type 59? or something similar