Intercoms?

peet

Anyone use them on the road to cut out buffeting noise and chat with their passenger while driving / touring on the road?

Are they a good idea?

Opinions please!

I got a secondhand autocom bike unit with open face kit and fitted them into some standard ear defenders they work really well on long trips (cornwall to London) you can plug you're MP3 player into it and when you talk it cut the music out ,the only time there a pain is when you give it big licks the exhaust will activate the mic and you here the roar for a few seconds .but considering they cost less then £50 all in I'm well pleased with them

I have a VCAN helmet with integrated Bluetooth. Works fine for radio (never use), phone and sat nav. There is a bit of wind noise as it's a flip face. I'm going to try out the Viper RS-V151 in a couple of days as I understand it's a bit better with wind noise.

Must be nice to want to talk to a passenger.....or have the power to carry all that extra ballast !

Wouldn't be able to get any sense out of my kids as they just SCREAM........and my wife wouldn't have anything sensible to say anyway.....?only knows two words whilst in the car.....SLOW DOWN !

Got NO mates....I voted UKIP.....and the others already have 'sevens' !....:(

• Like 2

I bought this, it's very good. Have only used the intercom facility so far and after a small hiccup at Bedford Autodrome (came unplugged - my fault as I left the main device hanging) it's been perfect. The ear pads and mic come with Velcro pads which you stick in to your helmet/defenders, so you can remove them if you need to.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290884176292?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

We have the Peltor rally intercom, and a pair of Peltor rally road section headsets - love it, performs well. Only issue www have is with the wind without the doors on, we have wind tape and some cheap wind socks and its fine. Made a cable this year to use the iPhone for calls, sat nav and music.

Peltor FMT120 Rally Intercom

Peltor Rally Practice Headset

Don't want to talk to passanger in my daily drive , never mind the westy !

All 5 senses required to drive on the roads I recon ....

Don't want to talk to passanger in my daily drive , never mind the westy !

All 5 senses required to drive on the roads I recon ....

The problem I had was my son is still a teenager and the noise his side was great on a local blat but anything above 30 minutes was leaving a ring in his ears  :down:

So I invested to save his hearing ... 

• Like 1

I don't suppose I would like to sit exhaust side......

Never considered that .....

I have a VCAN helmet with integrated Bluetooth. Works fine for radio (never use), phone and sat nav. There is a bit of wind noise as it's a flip face. I'm going to try out the Viper RS-V151 in a couple of days as I understand it's a bit better with wind noise.

New Helmet arrived today  :yes:  It's on charge just now, but it already looks and feels better than the VCAN. I'll let you know how it performs tomorrow...

I don't suppose I would like to sit exhaust side......

Never considered that .....

... and to be honest we did a trip from the Midlands through North Wales to Anglesey at the weekend, was a 5 hour jaunt each way and was great to be able to talk without shouting and have some background music ... and you can still hear the intake roar  of wide open 45's  :p  :p

I have autocom, both the headsets and the in helmet. Couldn't praise them high enough

Thanks for replies, going with BCFs option as I like the price for something that won't get used often!

It's the buffeting noise gets me after a while & being a Pinto and a tired exhaust that too!!

Thanks for replies, going with BCFs option as I like the price for something that won't get used often!

It's the buffeting noise gets me after a while & being a Pinto the exhausts on my side so I get that noise too!!

• Like 1

Good news, same rationale as me, don't use them often (hence liking the removable facility) but they work really well when I do. Can also connect to your phone for hands free or music too. Let us know how you get on! :)