Yorkshire Coast To Coast - 26 And 27 May

Rory's Dad

Well this is it, our big event of the year!

We will be starting from our monthly meeting pub (details below) and then heading westward on Saturday and then eastwards on Sunday. I've emailed our Yorkshire members and neighbouring AOs with the first draft of the proposed routes. The routes for each day are split into some blasts along the A roads to get the distance covered and then some diversions onto some unclassified roads to take in the views and our magnificent countryside. Start times are from about 10:00 am with an hour for lunch, half an hour in the afternoon for a cup of tea and a piddle(!) and then finish by around 5:00. And for those of you in Lancashire the NE and East Yorkshire or anywhere else in the country, we hope you can join us at some point, get to the end and then have enough daylight to get yourselves back home later in the evening.

So what to do next? Please do two things. Firstly register your interest on here, stating whether you want to do East, West or the full weekend. Secondly please send me a PM with your email address so I can send you details of both routes - it's just a one page Word document and remember, it's a first draft at this stage. But what if the forecast is dreadful? Well we'll postpone one or both days but, have no fear, we will make this happen!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rory's Dad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rory's Dad

• a4gom

• Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

• Buzz Billsberry

Nakki and myself for both days please :t-up:

Well I did a dry run from Hawes over the Buttertubs pass and down into Muker. Actually I passed through a shower or two so called in at the Farmers Arms for treatment for a wet leg in front of that very fire and a half of Old Perculier for a dry throat. Onto Reeth, Middleham, Leyburn and home. Anyway the good news is that the roads are just brilliant and the bad news is that we've not had much of a response (thanks Marcus - you're a star).

This is going ahead - we'd just like to have more of you along!

Rory's Dad

Thanks Simon - I've just got back from a lovely sunny trip out to test Kirkby Moorside to Castleton, Egton Bridge and the Goathland. Headed home from there via Pickering. I guess the route is one of yours in the making so thanks a lot!!

Rory's Dad

Can't do Sun due to kids rugby commitments, I have other commitments on Sat but I'm trying to negotiate my way out of them :o I'll let you know nearer the time either way.

Cheers

Andy

might be able to do the sunday - or part of - can you email me the route please rory?

brown.terry@sky.com

then i can work out what i can get to in time

Martin,

Will no doubt see you on the east coast leg at some point. If i can manage it i might even be in the westfield, assuming it survives the Mira sprint on the saturday!

I know that new member Dicky can't make it, even though he lives in Goathland! The route probably drives past his door, chance there for a photo oppertunity...a few dozen westfield outside his house, when he's not home!

We should be able to make the Sunday leg, looking forwards to it as we never been on the C2C.

Shhh everyone but the weather is looking OK. On Saturday the sun will shine - probably all day :cool: :cool:

These are the routes we are taking timed for compliance with the speed limits and to the nearest quarter hour.

Saturday 26 May Westward

10:00 Fox and Grapes A64/A1/A661 à Wetherby/Sainsbury’s Car Park, Harrogate (Fill up)

10:30 Sainsbury’s Car Park, Harrogate A59 à Skipton

11:15 Skipton A65/A590/B5271 à Grange-over-Sands

12:30 Arrive Grange-over-Sands for lunch

1:30 Grange-over-Sands B5271/A590/A592 à Windermere (Fill up)

2:00 Windermere A591/A5284/A6/A684 àKendal/Sedbergh/Hawes

3:00 Arrive Hawes for a cup of tea

3:30 Hawes unclassified roads à Muker/Reeth/Leyburn

4:30 Leyburn A6108 à Ripon

5:15 Ripon A61 à Harrogate

5:45 Arrive Harrogate and continue homewards

Sunday 27 May Eastward

10:00 Fox and Grapes A64/A1/A661 à Wetherby/Sainsbury’s Car Park, Harrogate (Fill up)

10:30 Sainsbury’s Car Park, Harrogate A59/A1/A168/A19 à Thirsk

11:00 Thirsk A170 à Kirkbymoorside

11:45 Kirkbymoorside unclassified roads à Castleton/Egton Bridge/Goathland A169/A171 à Whitby (Fill up)

1:00 Whitby A174 à Sandsend

1:15 Arrive Sandsend for lunch

2:15 Sandsend A174/B1266/A171/A173 à Guisborogh/Stokesley (Fill up)

3:00 Stokesley B1257 à Helmsley

3:45 Arrive Helmsley for a cup of tea

4:15 Helmsley A170/A19/A168/A1/A59 à Harrogate

5:15 Arrive Harrogate and continue homewards

For lunch I'm thinking of parking up at a pub so we can get something to eat and drink and avail ourselves of their 'facilities'. There is room for others to join us but please let me know where you will be joining us. I'll be joining at Harrogate and will lead from there - Marcus, please could you lead from the Fox and Grapes?

See you there!

Rory's Dad

We should be able to make the Sunday leg, looking forwards to it as we never been on the C2C.

Me neither :blush: :blush:

Rory's Dad

would like to join you on sunday if thats ok , will be coming from Sheffield so will head for the fox and grapes.

Hi Martin

Been getting your emails about the various meets but with endless shame I never been on any of them even to the regular at the Fox & Grapes..either due to having a car in bits or no time anyway, now I've finally got the car rebuilt me and my friend Paul are up for coming this weekend on the C2C, sounds fantastic! We can only come for the first day but count us in.

There you see - make the event attractive enough and you never know who might turn up!!

Looking forward to meeting you both - Rory's Dad