Fuel hose for injection

Mole

Just replacing my fuel hose.. Other posts have suggested using Gates barricade injection. 

Where can I get it from or is there another good alternative?

Thanks..

1 minute ago, Monty said:

SAE J30R9 hose

That's fine, check it regularly for signs of cracking and replace when necessary.

Thanks gents..I had found the R9 from AFS too.. if I go that way I will keep an eye on it as suggested by BB.. thanks 

I bought some Barricade from the USA half the price it was in the UK. It took about a week to arrive. Good stuff. The only problem is you need swaged ends on the metal connections otherwise it can slide off under pressure. 

just replaced all the fuel hose on my seight, as its was over 20 years old.......as new fuels can degrade it from the inside.

When I emptied the tank, I found some small rubber pieces, and when I removed the pipe it was well gone.

Be careful as there are fake R9 fuel hoses on EBAY, so buy from a known stockist.

I paid over £100 for only 5 meters, so its close to £18-22 a meter, for 8mm & 12mm R9 fuel hose.

I got mine here, expensive yes, was worth it for piece of mind.

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/fuel-hose-9-3-mm-fpm-eco.html

Google fake fuel hose if you dare....

regards

scott

I buy stuff for my camper van off the brickwerks.   If they sell it it will be top notch stuff.   

I had a bad experience with sub standard fuel hose from ebay so ended up having to replace all of the hoses again.

2nd time round I purchased from CBS online and have been pleased with the quality of their Cohline hose.

A useful link that explains petrol grading and the various standards for hoses .......http://www.volksbolts.com/faq/fuelhose.htm

Interestingly, and included in the above, the following made me wonder if we actually need 8mm hose or have to fit over a 8mm pipe / fitting and therefore need something a tad smaller - 7.6mm or 5/16" and 11mm or 7/16" or 1/2"......

pipe.jpg

I was wondering if it would be useful to have some sort of reference point within the forum where lists of known suppliers for common components such as AFP, CBS, Brikworks and the various others that have been mentioned for fuel hoses?  I know everyone has their preferred options but it gives a good starting point and will save lots of sifting through posts and supplier websites. The list can be added / updated as necessary to include new suppliers and remove dead links.  There are other reference points out there such as Westfield World but if sites like that go offline then we are up the creek.

Measured up what I need to order for hoses today so will be looking at the various options later.

Do I need to change fuel filter while I am at it? Seems like a good idea I think..

Also to change the fuel return hose into tank I will have to get to the back of the tank.. will this come out of without taking off the body work? 

IMG_20180217_102344096.jpg

As Monty said, can be accessed through wheelarches/underneath car. That's how I fitted my return anyway!