Curborough and Bakewell, Sat 1st July, 10.30am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

I was trying to photograph the show cars at the carnival and these big, hairy legs kept getting in the way

DSC00845.JPG

While we went to look round the car show, other member's went off to eat cake, without me, I don't know if I will ever recover, I missed the cake moment. They even admitted to it and told me all about how nice it was, I have to query their eligibility for future club membership :d We were busy having a Ginetta moment.

DSC00846.JPG

DSC00847.JPG

And this car is, a, um, a nice car.

DSC00851.JPG

A bag of chips (no cake) later and it was carnival time. Now this is where all you men get to dress up as women. It turns out that you seem to all have done it, which is ok, but you all seem to enjoy it so much, I am worried. There were more serious moments too, with brass bands and bagpipes, adding to the carnival atmosphere, and the Carnival Queen.

More hairy legs. with a hairy face and tattoos even.

DSC00852.JPG

DSC00854.JPG

Club Tropicana

DSC00855.JPG

The Swinging 60's

DSC00864.JPG

It's been great to catch up with Gail and Ali, after their trips to Scotland and Wales, screens for queens and all that. Dave and Ian, with their tales of Le Mans and last but not at all least the great company of Martyn and Sue. I got my cake in the end, we dived into Costa before heading off home, so that was better. Next weekend it's The Big Blyton weekend, see you there!!!!!!

• Like 4

Looks like a brill day, wish I could have joined you instead of visiting a friend in hospital.

See you at Blyton :yellow-westy:

• Like 2

We had a fab day and thankyou for organising another great day Julie :d

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Fancy leaving the Curborough Sprint for the Crazy Bakewell Carnival?

Hope you had a great time at both?

Thanks for the pics

Hiope to see you at Blyton!

Glutey

• Like 1

Did you try really hard @IanK to blank Glen's face out :d

• Like 1