Vettel bumping car behaviour

Terry Everall

I cant believe he seems to have got away with shunting Hamilton and then deliberately ramming I'm in the side!

Nutter!

I predict a one race ban in Vettel's future.  Napping when following so close is one thing, deliberately using your car as a weapon is another thing entirely.  He'll rue that.

He seems to get away with a lot vettel, thinking back to his tirade to Charlie whiting last year. He'll get away with a slap on the wrist you watch.

He'd have gone up in my estimation if he'd held his hands up and admitted the red mist had descended and apologised. Instead he couldn't understand what the penalty was for :rolleyes:

I normally rate SV quite highly, but on this occasion he gave a good impression of an over-indulged Kindergarten pupil.

pity

That would be attempted murder in the USA.

I don't think this incident is over. Bet the ruling body have a word maybe a fine. You can bet your wallet it will be hushed up.

I did see he's SV has been given 3 points on his license which brings him up to a total of 9 points now

On 6/25/2017 at 15:21, Captain Colonial said:

I predict a one race ban in Vettel's future.  Napping when following so close is one thing, deliberately using your car as a weapon is another thing entirely.  He'll rue that.

After the sickening use of vehicles as terrorist weapons in Nice, Berlin and London (Westminster Bridge, London Bridge and Finsbury Park) you would imagine it would be the last thing anyone would think of let alone action in F1 to a world stage. If the FIA do not take further action the image of F1 could be severely damaged.

The race stewards, having checked LH's data, have confirmed LH did NOT brake test SV when SV ran into the back of the Mercedes.

Vettel, a four time world champion, currently has 9 points on his license, (just gained 3 at Baku 2017) the most of any F1 driver. He behaves like a spoiled child and in my view only the quick thinking and evasive manoeuvre of Ocon at turn 1 in the 2017 Canadian GP avoided an out of control overtaking move my Vettel causing a collision--which could have resulted in a further 2 or 3 points being added to his license.

Is F1 a sport or showbiz or farce? Why was the real safety car deployed in Baku when the virtual safety car would have kept some spacing and less resulting shunts on restarts?

With the real safety car Bottas was allowed to unlap himself (Bottas at fault turn 2 on lap 1 colliding with Raikonnen) and Bottas finished second which would not have happened if the virtual safety car had been deployed.

After the Baku GP presenter Steve Jones asked Eddie Jordan and David Coulthard if the real safety car had been deployed to bunch the field and create more showbiz entertainment and DC thought it had. Are the new owners wishing to turn F1 into something akin to Wrestling? Here's hoping they don't.

Finally congrats. to Ricciardo (1st) and Stroll (3rd).

• Like 1

At least if nothing else it's made the rest of the season's Lewis vs Seb a bit more lively.

When you look back at some of the stuff with senna v prost. Mansell grabbing senna by the throat. Schumacher chasing coulthard etc makes vettels hissy look silly really. Still unacceptable but not as bad as the actions of the legends of the sport. James hunt even decked a steward at one point if I remember rightly:d

• Like 1

Hunt decked a few including the famous crystal palace f3 race when he decked dave morgan on live TV .

the problem now is with the cars being bullet proof its too easy to play dirty and know your neck will still be attached to the rest of your spinal chord after a shunt !

same on the road with the modern aids airbags ABS etc. 

In another age,  make just 1 mistake and you were literally dicing with death . they didn't call em "the Modern Matadors " for nothing , that's why I loved motorsport and Grand Prix in particular , Just to watch drivers like Peterson , Rindt , Surtees , Rodrigues , Siffert close racing on circuits with natural hazards , right on the edge, doing something I knew I could never do . similar to the road racers who do IOM TT Southern 100 etc they had to have respect for each other and have complete faith in each other not to try anything stupid .

Quite so, Bernie, they were more gentlemanly then. Not even wearing safety belts, let alone survival cells and HANS devices. Sadly, though, quite a few paid the ultimate price. :(

1 hour ago, djm said:

He's taken over the mantle from Schumacher!!!!

There's a difference though, MS was always calculating and cynical about his dirty tricks, SV suffers from 'excitement' or perhaps anger management issues. Arguably, SV is potentially more dangerous as you can see him going totally postal in the wrong circumstances. 

2 hours ago, corsechris said:

SV suffers from 'excitement' or perhaps anger management issues

Probably because he's only just started puberty