Aintree 25th. April

stephenh

Yes, another enjoyable day.

And thanks for the help and support Stephen on my first ever drive at Aintree. When TTs feel so far away it's good to get this and posative feedback. I am pleased with 54.8s.

beat my previous best at 59 sec!!!

well done!

Was this a 1.6e Event in the end? I certainly didnt get to 10% of taget time of 46.25 seconds? My Best time was 50.91 seconds?

Was this a 1.6e Event in the end? I certainly didnt get to 10% of taget time of 46.25 seconds? My Best time was 50.91 seconds?

Blimey Lee, thats a pretty good time mate. Well done. Will you be making it to Harewood?

Down the finish staight into the headwind my poor lardy car had no horses left to accelerate :(

To emphasise what a headwind can do against a windscreen Westie, at Blyton last weekwnd the breeze was accross the track, and I was as fast before breaking into the Wiggler chicane as through the finish line at Aintree.

This one wasn't my fastest by a few hundredths, but a different camera angle for a change....

Hey Smeg, It was the drag from the camera that made the slight time difference ;-)

• Like 1

http://www.liverpoolmotorclub.com/files/2015/04/Aintree-Final-Results-25th-April-2015.pdf

I'm hoping that the above is a link to the results, which are available on the Liverpool & District Motor Club website!

edited to add: that's a blinking miracle!! So now all we need is Tigger, who'll work out if it was a rule 1.6(e) or not.

http://www.liverpoolmotorclub.com/files/2015/04/Aintree-Final-Results-25th-April-2015.pdf

I'm hoping that the above is a link to the results, which are available on the Liverpool & District Motor Club website!

edited to add: that's a blinking miracle!! So now all we need is Tigger, who'll work out if it was a rule 1.6(e) or not.

By my reconing (I could be wrong) of the 5 WSCC competitors, none of the 3 novices were within 10% of target times.

Good lines there, David. Just like I told you!!:-)

What's the reasoning behind staying right on the way out of the last corner? Shorter run to the finish? I'd have thought getting lock off would be really important for speed over the line, as it will reduce scrub from mid-way through the corner onwards. Guess you don't know until you've datalogged it though :)

I agree with you Adam and at the start to middle of the long right-hander I think its quickest to keep left and gradually move over to the right as you enter the finish straight

What's the reasoning behind staying right on the way out of the last corner? Shorter run to the finish? I'd have thought getting lock off would be really important for speed over the line, as it will reduce scrub from mid-way through the corner onwards. Guess you don't know until you've datalogged it though :)

I didn't feel my speed for the lack of tightness of bend would course much scrub off, and terminal my velocity was a long way from the finish. Perhaps if I'd have taken Beachers faster (lack of track time of b***s) I would have ended up wider initially.

As long as you were on full throttle nearly all the way round, I'll let you off ;)

When you do the calculations, it is surprising how much scrub (and thus drag) any amount of steering lock produces though...

You're right Tel, as always, but I don't think that David was going fast enough to warrant it (with due respect to the novice driver). Also, I think if you go right over to the left (as opposed to drifting to the middle of the track) before the last right kink, you will have an adverse camber change. At least, that is my recollection from Saturday.

Stephen

I think the going wide issue is as much to to do with it being on a dirty part of the track so middle can be an option