locost 7 website

bahf

I wonder if anyone can help me.  I've been trying to get registered on locostbuilders.co.uk but have been struggling to complete it.  Some of you out there may be on this site, hence the question.  I've validated my email and sent the sms text, the latter which doesn't appear to have worked, so tried 3 times.  I've emailed Chris but had no response. Is the site closed to new entrants? or is there something I'm missing?  It does seem to be a good site for seven type parts, hence my interest.  Any advice gratefully received.

I have had the same issue - I began registration about 3-4 weeks ago and have been through the exact same process as you.  Shame because I would like to be able to post there.

LOCOSTBUILDERS READ THIS - PROBLEM WITH YOUR WEBSITE!!

Looking at the LCB members list, anyone who has joined since November last year has no posts so I would deduce that the issue is a systemic one.  Back in November (4th) the LCB owner Chris seemingly had to pull a few stops out (presumably with the website hosters) to get the LCB web back online after it crashed.  He posted to this effect in their announcement section.  From that date there are no posts from any new members so I would be willing to wager that the incident knocked out their SMS system which requires you to SMS them to confirm your registration and be able to post in threads... elementary my dear watson!!!

WE CAN REGISTER BUT CANNOT 'CONFIRM' ACCOUNT TO BEGIN POSTING. 

I registered a while back so not sure how it works now. But i know they had a load of problems with spammers so tightened things up.

The moderators are not that quick to respond though so don't hold your breath.

Ime a member ( of the forum ! )

D'you want me to ask the question?

• Like 1

Ime a member ( of the forum ! )

D'you want me to ask the question?

Yes please, that would be very helpful (my username is Young Pretender )  :yes:

The forum owner is (from what I've gathered) rather "special" and if the automatic stuff hasn't worked, you're going to have jump through several hoops to get there...  sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think it is easier to start with a new registration than to try to fix the current one.

...and you thought we admns in here were difficult to deal with...! :d

...and you thought we admns in here were difficult to deal with...! :d

On the contrary Mr Chair...   :t-up:

Well I have just dropped Chris an email from markassima@hotmail.com - If someone could follow up for me I will owe them a beer  :)  :yes: