Clan McWesty - July Activities

Rab (bombero) Reid

TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE! Next weekend we have 2 potential events taking place...

SATURDAY 26TH JULY: East Fortune Air Show (10:00-17:00): No planned route but a suggestion could be to do a short East Lothian loop in the morning then gather at the air show from lunchtime OR simply use this event as an opportunity for a Club social gathering. I could possibly arrange for a parking area for us but no discount on the entrance fee I'm afraid. It's the 50th anniversary of the Red Arrows so should be a good show - they're due to be on display around 13:15.

MONDAY 28TH JULY: A potential meet with the North West Tigers Owners Club as they do their return leg from their trip to Applecross. Initial thought is to meet them at Kinross Services mid-morning for a short trip to North and South Queensferry for a photo op and then drive beyond for those wanting a longer run. As this involves meeting another se7en group on a schedule, I WILL NEED TO KNOW OF INTEREST AND NUMBERS FOR THIS ASAP - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST SOONEST! I appreciate that it's a Monday and we may not get many(any) takers but I need to let the Tigers organiser know.

Alternatives if you are interested.

* Sunday 27th July Kames East Ayrshire Car Club sprint meeting. I will be there and any support will be appreciated as usual.
* Monday 28th July Monklands Sporting Car Club at Knockhill Track night 5pm start. This is a good night for anyone interested. I wonder if the Tigers could be persuaded to drop in.

Busy weekend if you went to all the opportunities.

Unable to commit at this stage as one ignition key has broken off the plastic tang and the second looks like it's going the same way.

Ignition has been a bit stiff since new but has been easing off. Keys are 7 months old on my new factory built Westy.

Timpsons have no template for the key.

Mark at the factory has requested the key numbers but unfortunately there are no numbers or letters on the keys. I have updated the factory and wait to see what to do.

Hope to get this sorted asap.

Any ideas and suggestions gratefully received.

Donald, I find it puzzling that Timpsons can't just cut new keys. I easily got them to cut me spares for mine. Try other key cutters - you'll get them done I'm sure.

Barry Holmes MSCC organiser says

Hi Everyone,

In case you'd missed the news on our Facebook page, we have two track nights booked at Knockhill in the coming weeks.  One on Monday 28th July and the second on Wednesday 27th August.

Both will run from 6pm till 8pm and are open pit lane so you can enjoy a full 2 hours of track time as you see fit.  Online booking is available for the July night at

We've maintained the cost at £70 in advance, or £80 on the night, and as usual additional drivers and passengers are welcome and are included in this price - there are no additional charges!

Thanks

Barry Holmes

So you're not flicking between posts, here's all the activities together -

SATURDAY 26th JULY: East Fortune Air Show (10:00-17:00): No planned route but a suggestion could be to do a short East Lothian loop in the morning then gather at the air show from lunchtime OR simply use this event as an opportunity for a Club social gathering. I could possibly arrange for a parking area for us but no discount on the entrance fee I'm afraid. It's the 50th anniversary of the Red Arrows so should be a good show - they're due to be on display around 13:15.

SUNDAY 27th JULY: Kames East Ayrshire Car Club sprint meeting. theprisoner will be there and any support would be appreciated as usual.

MONDAY 28th JULY: A potential meet with the North West Tigers Owners Club as they do their return leg from their trip to Applecross. Initial thought is to meet them at Kinross Services mid-morning for a short trip to North and South Queensferry for a photo op and then drive beyond for those wanting a longer run. As this involves meeting another se7en group on a schedule, I WILL NEED TO KNOW OF INTEREST AND NUMBERS FOR THIS ASAP - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST SOONEST! I appreciate that it's a Monday and we may not get many(any) takers but I need to let the Tigers organiser know.

MONDAY 28th JULY: Monklands Sporting Car Club at Knockhill Track night (18:00-20:00). Open pit lane so you can enjoy a full 2 hours of track time as you see fit.  Online booking is available for the July night at - http://www.mscc.org.uk/knockhill-track-night-registration-27-july-2014

They've maintained the cost at £70 in advance, or £80 on the night, and as usual additional drivers and passengers are welcome and are included in this price - there are no additional charges!

Would like to go to the airshow as should be good. Alistair can only do Mach 1 can't make the Monday during the day but might make knock hill or even a run out to it fir a watch. Car off road right now as exhaust split again. Ordered a flexi section to weld in so hopefully fixed in a few days.

Been canvassing the locals to see who is interested in the Air show for a run and then realised I need to MOT the Westy so hopefully it will pass! Better try and organise that from here too 

knackerd for both , we are at the rugby 7s on sat and working on Monday. anyone fancy a run to a chipshop  one night next week , free Wed night ????

Never- ending oil leaks, so can't commit until it's been in to Sitech on the 24th for a look see.

Matt

UPDATE:

SATURDAY 26TH JULY: Not many takers for the air show either but I plan to go. Hornet600, are you still going? clansman, I know you and Wills57 are trying to rally the NE troops - keep me posted. Any more from the central belt/lowlands? As this is this saturday, I would need to know ASAP if we're going to have a decent number attending so that I can try and arrange a parking area. Failing this, it would be wise for those that are going to meet up prior to going through the gates, so that we can park together.

SUNDAY 27TH JULY: No takers so far. Personally, I've never been but I believe it's a great event so hopefully some interest will get posted nearer the weekend!

MONDAY 28TH JULY: Unfortunately, there isn't going to be a westy clan hook-up with the Tigers (due in part to it being a Monday), but some members are meeting them en route where they can, which is great news! 

MONDAY 28TH JULY: No takers so far.

Not to be disheartened as things are quiet at the moment given that it's the summer and school holidays.

can make the Sunday run if anyone is  intrested, its a good blast out to  kames.

I have booked on to the MSCC Monday evening at Knockhill with my Megabusa and it's latest mods/enhancements if any of you are at a loose end then I will be glad of any support.

"... 6pm till 8pm and are open pit lane so you can enjoy a full 2 hours of track time as you see fit"

Right now my exhaust is being rewelded and a flexi piece added to stop the damage. Been promised it will be ready for Friday. So probably sat is too optimistic. So count me in on the run on the Sunday and I'll keep fingers crossed it will be ready. Hooah!