Skid Pan or Drift Experience

CJspeedsport

I'm with you on  your logic - I drift my car a fair bit for the fun and it really paid off on track days. Where other people panicked when they lost the back, I was happy to just rein it back in as I was used to it / knew what to expect.

Sprint School sounds interesting.... must research that

In relation to the WSCC Sprint School drop Nick Algar or (I think) David Hussey a PM - they will let you know what it's all about.

Should be Saturday, 15th June - held in the morning and includes a walk of the track and an observed run with feedback from all the instructors. Then the club runs a little track day in the afternoon to enable you to put more theory to practice. Then stay over night and join in the evening's fun and games and enter the WSCC Speed Series event which is run on Sunday.

My advice would be to do both the Sprint School and the Westfield Drift experience.

Another option is to spend half a day with an experienced motorsport instructor (e.g. Ed Moore from MotorSports Events) will cost in the region of £350 for the half day - done in your own car on an airfield and you will learn loads about your car and your driving and the limits of both.

• Like 1

In relation to the WSCC Sprint School drop Nick Algar or (I think) David Hussey a PM - they will let you know what it's all about.

Should be Saturday, 15th June - held in the morning and includes a walk of the track and an observed run with feedback from all the instructors. Then the club runs a little track day in the afternoon to enable you to put more theory to practice. Then stay over night and join in the evening's fun and games and enter the WSCC Speed Series event which is run on Sunday.

My advice would be to do both the Sprint School and the Westfield Drift experience.

Another option is to spend half a day with an experienced motorsport instructor (e.g. Ed Moore from MotorSports Events) will cost in the region of £350 for the half day - done in your own car on an airfield and you will learn loads about your car and your driving and the limits of both.

Thanks Paul, that's good advice.

I've been talking to Russ about the Westfield drift experience today and it does sound good, although it doesn't sound like you get that long in the car for your $.

Yeah maybe trying another instructor might not be such a bad idea. It woul be good to get a fresh set of eyes on my driving (used the same instructor on the same circuit so far). I think I know what I'll be asking for this Christmas :) only 302 days to go!

I wonder if anyone knows a good instructor who isn't quite so expensive for the half day? My chap James charges £120.

Chris