Skid Pan or Drift Experience

CJspeedsport

Both are £99, both are at Silverstone and my birthday is coming up...(well, May!)

One seems to be autotest style drifting, the other skid control.

Which do you guys think would be most useful for the Speed Series and racing generally?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Urr neither IMHO :(

Smoothness and lines  ???  spend your money on track, driver training / instructor

Unless your intention is to appear to be spectacular at events :)

I've spent quite a bit with track instructors and will continue to do so I'm sure. However, I'm looking to get a bit of experience of controlling a car when it's on the edge or just ever so slightly over (as i understand this is the fastest way of driving a car?). Almost every time thats happened on the track I've tank slapped my way to a stop. (spectacular for the wrong reasons)

I've spent quite a bit with track instructors and will continue to do so I'm sure. However, I'm looking to get a bit of experience of controlling a car when it's on the edge or just ever so slightly over (as i understand this is the fastest way of driving a car?). Almost every time thats happened on the track I've tank slapped my way to a stop. (spectacular for the wrong reasons)

This :yes:http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/99745-westfield-active-day-special-offers/?p=1025537

It's a lot of fun and at the same time will teach you an awful lot about controlling a slide and using the throttle to help balance and steer the car.

So playing devils advocate for a moment, would it not be better to do something in your own car, like a car limits day at North Weald rather than a Westfield active day?

Ive not done the Westie day myself, but Ive been on a few of the equivalent Caterham *spit* events where the cars were set up to be hugely laity. Great fun, but not sure I learnt much...

IMO time in your own car getting smooth and recognising the limits and remaining within them to be quick  :)   have fun whatever you choose met

So playing devils advocate for a moment, would it not be better to do something in your own car, like a car limits day at North Weald rather than a Westfield active day?

Ive not done the Westie day myself, but Ive been on a few of the equivalent Caterham *spit* events where the cars were set up to be hugely laity. Great fun, but not sure I learnt much...

Having done both IMO i learn't much more on the Westfield day than at north weald. This was mainly due to the amount of excellent tuition I recieved from the Westfield instructors, whereas car limits gave us little/no instruction, but it was nevertheless good to see how my own car behaved.
  • Like 1

Well that settles it! Easter weekend I will be doing a Westfield drift experience!! Exciting!!

Good point Smokey. ive been to curb a few times and done corporate days elsewhere like Silverstone and brands but have learnt more, and got quicker, trying to remain within the limits of driving.  

Best thing i did was WSCC Sprint School last year

forgot to add that WSCC Sprint School was also Free Of Charge  :d   thanks to the time volunteered by the very experienced fellow members  :t-up:

I'll hopefully be doing the sprint school, but I don't know when or where it is...any ideas?

• Like 1

It's normally on the Saturday before the WSCC Currborough Sprint.

That will make it the 15th June I think

Oh it's at Currborough :)