Steering wheel adapter plate from 3x50.8 to 6x100

kevip6

Hi,

I've recently bought the plays kool rapidfix quick release boss which uses the 3 bolt PCD at 50.8mm but I'd like to reuse my wheel that's drilled for the original 6 bolt 100mm PCD.

I can't seem to find an off the shelf adapter plate so has anyone had one made or found one and since swapped wheels?

If not, any one know where I can get one made up?

I'd have a go myself but I have no way of machining metal properly and I'd rather it was done properly!

Thanks

Just knock up a circular adaptor plate from 3mm aluminium. Tidier if you can turn it to get nice edges, can't say I've seen them for sale though but they must be somewhere.

Bob :)

Not sure they do one for 100mm, I tried findin 75-100 for QRS I wanted. Gave up and went m-range steering wheel. 75mm is far easier to find than 100!

Bottom of page has them for mountney M-range

http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/WorksBell.html

Far nicer steering wheel...

7BC21AA8-8C63-4F70-A8A9-CC0B37614BCB-507

They're not that difficult to make, any small engineering firm should be able to make one for you.  This is the one I had made several years ago to adapt my boss. 

Image005.jpg

steeringadaptorplate-1.jpg

The machined spigot on mine to locate the wheel isn't really needed and you can use nuts and bolts to hold the wheel to the adaptor rather than tapping a thread and so make yourself and adaptor with one of these.  You can use your steering wheel as a template to mark out exactly where to drill the holes.

Edit to add: I can reccomend a few local Enginnering companies if you need one

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I was looking at a new steering wheel but I bought one from the parts section on here last year and I really like it so I was hoping I could still use it.

Mark that adapter plate is fantastic!! Top marks for attention to detail!!

That 5mm 120dia Ali looks perfect as well!

Think it I'll have a crack at making my own as I have a circle of carbon fibre to go in the middle anyway. The only bit that will be tricky for me it to try and counter sink the 3x50.8mm holes is there a reasonably price tool for that?

Cheers

Thanks Kevin, The countersinking bits designed for wood work ok on aluminium, but they will blunt a bit quicker, this is the type of thing I've used in the past.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/countersink-carbon-steel-12mm/14156

Otherwise just use socket button head screws.

Smokey,

Looks like a nice piece of kit.

• Like 1

Ali circle ordered! I'll decide when I've drilled the holes if they need counter sinks.

Cheers Mark!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.