Need help search a gift for a good boy from uk

R1_1903

Hallo Michael

Mein Vorschlag: nichts übertriebenes, aber etwas deutsches dass in England weniger bekannt ist.

Veilleicht eine Flasche Ebbelwoi. Oder ein Paar Flaschen Rotwein -- viel weniger bekannt als Weisswein. "Minutenglück" von Weingut Kleinmann in Birkweiler (Pfalz) wäre eine persönliche Empfehlung.

HTH, und herzlich willkommen bei uns,

David

Na das ist ja mal ne Überraschung hier ne Antwort in Deutsch zu bekommen. Und dann noch ne Empfehlung für ein guten Pfälzer Wein...dafür müsstest du ja glatt auch ein feines Stoeffchen bekommen ;-)

Many Good ideas above. Will catch some of them....Many Thanks.

And no, Sauerkraut will Not find the way...........

Cheers

Michael

Mmm, had a few German red wines, when I lived briefly over there, near Mainz. Absolutely loved them, tired unsuccessfully for a few years after I got back to track them down over here with no success. Mind you, this was in the early nineties pre www and on-line international shopping being quite so easy as it is now.

Sabine Schmitz :love:

YES!!!

I lived in Germany for a few years and all my mates wanted me to bring was cheap cigerettes! All I miss is the condition of the roads and quality of driving.

However, beer's a winner! Weizen beer is defiantly missed by me.

i was 

YES!!!

I lived in Germany for a few years and all my mates wanted me to bring was cheap cigerettes! All I miss is the condition of the roads and quality of driving.

However, beer's a winner! Weizen beer is defiantly missed by me.

was at raf brugen in 1999 and the amount of vodka i brought back was bonkers. the cheap stuff from the sgts mess was about 80p a litre. a few people use to use it instead of screen wash.

we got stopped by french customs on the tunnel once and my boss had 5k fags plus my swimming pool of vodka. it was an interesting half hour 

My Step-Father was in Brugen in the 1980's and Krefeld with a QRF attached to 28 signals... spent many a weekend at Venlo market.....

I was at Javelin Brks, end of 52, believe it was RAF Bruggen originally. Had a Astra cabriolet (2.2 turbo) and the electric roof folded neatly into a compartment big enough to stash two 35 litre day sacks! Stopped many a time just before Calais and never did they ask me to put roof down to allow them to check roof storage area! Mum flew over to help me bring cars back when I moved back to UK, I was pulled over in the Astra, as always, she followed me in the Alfa 156 GTA and the cops asked her why she'd pulled over, searched both cars and were puzzled to only find over night bags in each car... As I flew back to collect Ducati the following night!

Bruggen was just up from a place called elmpt I think. I did hear one of the reasons the army took the place on was because it had a really good golf course