Harewood members?

Evo,s 7SE

To compete in any of the rounds at Harewood this year do you have to be a member of the barc or will your wscc suffice I don't want to register for a championship just do a few events

• Like 1

I think it is esential to be a member of one of the invited clubs for any given event, so if you want to do several Harewood events you would be well advised to join BARC Yorkshire. The Harewood entry forms aren't yet available, but you can download their supplementary regulations from their website. Reg. 4 says: The events are open to members of clubs and licence holders set out in Schedule 1.

Schedule 1 is a couple of pages long, but the only events which WSCC members are invited to are 11th. and 12th. May as far as I know. And strictly I think it is really registered speed series competitors who are invited which is why we get membership cards to produce when signing on.

It would cost you £50 for the year, that's £35 for basic ordinary membership or BARC, and £15 to join the Yorkshire Centre which gives you access to Harewood.

Keith I think if WSCC is affiliated with the ANECC you can enter any of the BARC events, will e mail Tim wilson (Yorkshire chairman ) tonight and get a definite answer for you.

Thanks paul it may be my last year with the westy so want to use it as much as possible

Keith

May be getting a job where time off is very limited will either sell or keep it in garage for odd trackdays etc

Don't want to part with it after all the money that's been spent on it this year the new engine is very good though

I think you should keep the car Keith, you have invested a lot of time getting it sorted. It would be a shame to let it go.

:) :)

Sorry Keith WSCC only invited in May as Stephen said, ANCC is the only affiliated organisation invited and I don't think WSCC is a member, perhaps Nick could confirm.

I'm a BARC member I could drive it for you. :d  :d  :d

Keith not sure how many events Longton and District are invited to (but know its quite a few) and membership is only about £15.

Just a thought.

Sorry Keith WSCC only invited in May as Stephen said, ANCC is the only affiliated organisation invited and I don't think WSCC is a member, perhaps Nick could confirm.

I'm a BARC member I could drive it for you. :d  :d  :d

well do a swap if you want

• 2 weeks later...

Keith if you are still interested in doing Harewood events just a few things to think about,

If you join BARC Yorkshire Centre entry fees are £103 non members £118 (3 events and you have just about covered the membership fees).

To compete you need to be a member but don't have to register for the championship (I didn't register last year, just did it for the fun)

As a bonus BARC have just announced that Yorkshire Centre members can use their membership cards (yes you get one with BARC) to get free entry to spectate at any events you are not competing in.

THe free entry to spectate is interesting as the gate guys expect you to use an event spectator pass even when you are a competitor