made my blood boil

FILFAN

I could never be a vet, a copper or work for the RSPCA.  I'm afraid if I had to deal with people who abuse or neglect children or animals, I'd last about 2 minutes before I lamped someone.  Don't know how they cope, it would break my heart.

I'm no longer a fan of the RSPCA after they spent over £300,000 prosecuting those fox hunters.  Surely, if the fox hunters broke the law then it should be the job of the CPS to prosecute?  Even the judge said it was an extraordinary amount to spend for a charity especially when it was alleged that there were political overtones.  Don't get me wrong, I think the local RSPCA people do a good job but the high level governance is flawed.

• Like 1

Spot on Mike.  The governance lost my support when they chased some poor woman whose evil father had abused her and her mother physically for decades.  The mother passed away, and when the father became ill, she looked after him and ran the family farm all by herself for years.  The old swine died and left everything to the RSPCA in his will which would have left the daughter homeless.  The daughter tried to negotiate, giving them 75% of the farm while she kept her lifelong home - no dice, they wanted it all, didn't give a toss about her plight.  Went to court, RSPCA lost the lot and ended up paying legal costs of both parties @ £2m.  Those on the ground do a great job, but idiots are at the helm.

"Those on the ground do a great job, but idiots are at the helm".

Not like that at the WSCC is it! :d

???  ???  ???  ??? ......!  :laugh: 

I agree with Mikef

There have been quite a few of these cases

The other day , they took someone to court, The RSPCA admitted within minutes that they didnt have enough evidence ,

Case dismissed

BUT

The taxpayer has to pick up the defendants costs! And the court costs

I don't understand the rant about taking responsibilities for my mistakes.

I don't make mistakes!

I could never be a vet, a copper or work for the RSPCA. I'm afraid if I had to deal with people who abuse or neglect children or animals, I'd last about 2 minutes before I lamped someone. Don't know how they cope, it would break my heart.

Same here, no patients at all for it and I'd not shout, scream or anything... I'd just belt them one. The poor tortured lady I married has seen it many times.

I don't understand the rant about taking responsibilities for my mistakes.

I don't make mistakes!

What about that post?

Same as I often take a scenic route... Never get lost!

I am with the Memsec on here, that was the case where it all went wrong for the RSPCA. Thier view was that they had to do it or everysingle case where relatives thought they had a chance of over turning a will would cost them in the long run. If you look at how much money they raise and how much is spent on senior staff with huge salaries it beggars belief.

They also are politically motivated and go for the big show targets to further their own ends and all the time they put down loads of animals.

Completely lost the plot.

As for how do people deal with the sights they see, they become accustomed to it and learn to hold back, if they don't those who are responsible get away on technicalities. Those who see dog fighting as a sport are the worst to me, they should be shot for the harm they cause.

Halfway through reading a book about the Conquistadors ( are that speeled rite ? ) makes all this pale into insignificance , reading it also makes you realise what a wonderful time this is to be alive and well :t-up:

Thanks be to the Lord :yes:

If it wasn't for the skill and bravery of Nelson and Co.  dog fighting would have been the least of our worries