made my blood boil

FILFAN

one of my neighbours had a couple of guinea pig's which were loved family pets. about six months ago they also got a small dog and as its obviously more exciting than the pigs and the novelty wore off so they decided to get rid of them. apparently they dont have the time to look after a dog and pigs which for those of you that dont know are small fury creatures that demand hours of attention and keep the neighbours awake with late night partys.

another neighbour took the pig back that she sold them and they were looking to re-home the rest. now the bit that made me mas was that they couldnt be bothered to find a new home so they took then to the local RSPCA this week. what the  :swear:  :bangshead:  :angry:  :no:  :arse:

im sure that they have alot better things to spend there limited funds on than to have some stuck up family dropping off their cast offs because they cant be bothered. they both work and live in a £200K+ house and exactly what example are they setting for their kids f***** A******e's

That and people who decide they want a dog but can't be bothered to walk it so they just open the door and let it run around the streets for a few hours.

thats modern life im affraid a throw away society

I work for a Husky Rescue charity (in my spare time) and we often hear stupid people with pathetic excuses as to why they have to give up their dogs.  You need to treat them the same way you do a child.  You would not kick out a new born baby for pooping, so why a dog !!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Bring back animal licences, national service and everything else to teach people morals

I'm sorry, I struggle to see an issue with this. No harm to the animals and they took them to the RSPCA.

I think Phil's just turning into Victor Meldrew.

And breathe...

DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THIS!

Responsibility and Respect

Screw EVERYTHING ELSE! Those are the only two things humans are required to teach their offspring.

The amount of people that comment on how good my car looks for it's age and how it has a great paint job. I always say "just looked after and cleaned every week." They often shy away soon after. I can't believe some stuff that's considered disposable now and just disposed of rather than looked after and kept as long as possible.

I'll stop now...

Just a quick bit to add...

At work if I make a mistake I accept responsibility, usually followed by punishment, and carry on. I don't find someone else to blame or drag everyone I can down with me.

Who else does this? Who else knows of spineless weasels that do anything not to get in trouble and look perfect for bosses, while pooping on everyone else?

But that scares me is that I'm a minority.

Just a quick bit to add...

At work if I make a mistake I accept responsibility, usually followed by punishment, and carry on. I don't find someone else to blame or drag everyone I can down with me.

That's because your not the boss :)

I'm sorry, I struggle to see an issue with this. No harm to the animals and they took them to the RSPCA.

I think Phil's just turning into Victor Meldrew.

And breathe...

DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THIS!

Responsibility and Respect

Screw EVERYTHING ELSE! Those are the only two things humans are required to teach their offspring.

The amount of people that comment on how good my car looks for it's age and how it has a great paint job. I always say "just looked after and cleaned every week." They often shy away soon after. I can't believe some stuff that's considered disposable now and just disposed of rather than looked after and kept as long as possible.

I'll stop now...

the issue for me is the rspca and many rescue centers do fantastic work many of them do the work un paid and rely on donations to do this work looking out for animals that really need help they are not recycling centers.

yes fine they no longer wanted the animals but this was down to choice not circumstance. if it had been me i would have asked the other parents at school, stuck an ad in the local shop and even put a listing on my local facebook selling page. all of those would have cost less than the fuel used to drive to the rescue center. i wouldnt even have had a problem if they decided to eat them

I DON'T BELIEVE IT  :d

But Mr C we are in the military and we have been taught to own up to mistakes

I was taught as I grew up. Simply owning up meant minor punishment and usually clear up/fix/replace. Where as a lie or blaming something else would incur massive punishment, usually a number of "precious" items (computer games, video's, England rugby shirt) bring destroyed and disposed of.

Later in life I have found that saying something has started to go wrong or stating "I've just..." usually finds someone willing to help you fix it, before it goes wrong. Whereas hiding it can bite you in the A***! Now within nursing some of the massive errors people make, walk away, hide it and hope nobody notices or someone else gets the blame is shocking! Going into some of the serials here could lose me my job!

the issue for me is the rspca and many rescue centers do fantastic work many of them do the work un paid and rely on donations to do this work looking out for animals that really need help they are not recycling centers.

Fully agree with that! However these same people wouldn't go to RSPCA to collect a pet...

"it's used, it's second hand... I want a new one"

But feel that they can use the facility to their convenience. My mother runs Devon's section of "Birdline" a charity that is like RSPCA for birds. Most parrots out live their owners, owner moves to elderly residence and can't have parrot, break up of marriages... List goes on. But Birdline are rammed and my mum has 8-15 birds in her house at any one time due to lack of room. That's a relatively small charity dealing with parrots... I can only imagine something as big as RSPCA!

That's because your not the boss :)

At the last place I was. Then moved and started at bottom again. Difference now is mainly female and 18-21. Sounded amazing at first! But most earn £18-£24k a year and still receive Tesco deliveries and food parcels from parents after the 10th of the month! No money left! £22.50 accommodation, free energy/water bills... Only bills are phone and car tax/finance/insurance and most get services/mot from parents!!!

How's that teaching Responsibility or Respect? To them a car is disposable, if they hit another car while parking "They shouldn't of parked so close to the lines!" They open doors into other people's cars, use other people's bonnets as somewhere to stick they bags while they sort themselves out... List goes on! But if someone knocks or scratches their car... OMG! They want CCTV footage, military police, insurance of other person to repair it!

It's really opened my eyes to the generation behind me.

Pets are disposable to many people, parents give in to pester power and buy a pet, then end up looking after it when the novelty wears off. By taking them to the RSPCA they think it is fine, but they dispose of a huge amount of animals that they cannot rehouse.

Having pets in a good way teaches kids about life and death and responsibility but only if the parents make them see it.