Lots of New Members?

Doug Dastardly

Afternoon,

There seems to be plenty of new paid up members appearing over the last couple of months which is great :t-up: It looks like there's 5 in the last five days alone.

Do the facts back up my observations?

On the assumption that I'm right (I always assume that :laugh: ) well done committee, and especially Scott.

Doug

I have noticed the same.

I was going to do a similar post but as I suggested we should wait a few months when the argument raged I decided to do just that.

However I do agree that a big thanks is due to the committee and Scot in particular. It looks like their hard work is paying off.

Ed to add that you should read the latest committee report. HERE

It's great news - time to make them feel welcome, offer them a ride in our Westies and help with their technical questions.  Oh yes and the sun is shining brightly - time to get on with our own Westies too.

Rory's Dad

It's great news - time to make them feel welcome, offer them a ride in our Westies and help with their technical questions.  Oh yes and the sun is shining brightly - time to get on with our own Westies too.

Rory's Dad

Why aren't you outside pulling your wire :d  :d or even the ones connecting your dashboard. :p  :p

Doug - far be it from me to correct you...especially when you are correct. :d  We've added 10 new members in the last week - if only every week was so good!

Although there was some understandable scepticism to the switch to member only posting in December, as the minutes of the last committee meeting show, the numbers certainly support the decision (so far).  I think the fact that newbies get 30 days / 20 posts for free to see if the club is for them before paying has been very helpful in that respect, as has the members having been so welcoming to everyone, so pat yourselves on the back too. :t-up:

I'm really looking forward to Stoneleigh and meeting as many members as possible - if my avatar doesn't put everyone off!

• Like 3

All,  it's the positive vibe within the club that made me decide to invest my time and money in the Toolorders thing :-) 

I've noticed a lot more new people on here, I assumed it was that time of year!

It's defiantly still got the light hearted feel I use to escape the wife every evening!

Scott, I think in the interests of getting more new members you should remove the mug shot (it was nice of you to remove the number from it) and put back the picture of the car. 

I'm a new member and can say that I'm impressed with the forum. Everyone seems friendly and knowledgeable. Also, I visited our local area meet (Cheshire) last week and found everyone to be inviting and friendly.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to getting out and meeting up.

Steve, I agree with you.  

I looked at many 7 style cars for nearly a decade and was very glad to have joined the WSCC.  

I helped at Stoneleigh last year with Debbie my partner (who hated small cars then) and in the the space of a year I can honestly say I have made friends, taken members tree climbing as an experience, and been to a number of runs with the Northants area. So much so that Debbie is now encouraging me to do Speed Series and really make the best of our car.  

Without the Sprint School organised by the club,and the members who gave their time freely, and the excellent work by the Committee we would not have such a great Forum/Speed Series/camaraderie.

Finally, I think the forum is great - but it's the people that make it what it is.

James 

Well I must so that I have enjoyed my short time with the club.

Be glad to get serious when I finally get my car. Sorry about the p*** takes can't help it ha ha

Now the down side had to send wifey down to the Wells Fargo office to get me mag and calendar , she had to pay £1.30 to retrieve said items. As you know I am not the kinda guy to get angry easily but you must understand that £1.30 is not an inconsiderable amount in these parts, not to mention an extra bail of hay for the donkey she rode down there on.

I would imagine that a decent compo brief would be able to obtain a considerable sum in my favour , probably bankcrupting the club.

I am however prepared to waive all claims for the time being

I hope I make myself clear

Yours respectfully blah de blah de blah

Flaming Royal Mail.  It's happened only three times during the 200+ mag /calendar packs that I sent out.  It was right on the weight limit for £1.10 postage, but three separate post offices have all said it's OK and 99% got there fine, but three little jobsworths have prattled me about now, incorrectly, for which I apologise.

I've extended your membership period by 17 days, which is the equivalent of £1.30 you unfairly had to pay the muppets (£0.30 plus £1.00 admin).  I hope that  will help.