brought or bought

pistonbroke

who gives a chuff

• Like 1

I think it only matters when the meaning of what is being said becomes blurred. There have been posts on here where I've read it several times and still not sure what is meant. To be honest most of those have been typing errors rather than poor grammar.

who gives a chuff

:laugh: Sure.. but it's actually more interesting than you might think.  I got sent on a Plain English Campaign training day last year because the boss hated my writing style.  Felt slightly insulted but ended up having a great day.. it was all about the evolution of language and grammar etc.

I know language evolves and if the sense can be accurately conveyed it's supposed to be fine, but one thing that really annoys me is "we was".  Would Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford ever have won Oscars if their finest work was "The way we was"?  For pity's sake.....

FBB i hate "we was" as well.  I also detest "we seen" in the context of "we seen a deer in the woods last week" rather than "we saw a deer in the woods last week"...relax FBB....  see you at Sywell in a couple of weeks.