brought or bought

pistonbroke

Seems more and more on here are "broughting" bits for there cars 

can it really be that hard to tell the differnence between the past tense of "buying something" and the past tense of "bringing something" or is just the fact we are too lazy and dont give a **** about the proper use of english  :oops:  

I have to say that if you’re dyslexic, things like this are invisible so it’s not always laziness, just word blindness, when any of the team I lead at work takes the micky out of my spelling and grammar, the best defence I have found, is to remind them that if I am a thick what does that make them as I am in charge   :d normaly results in a quick change of subject, now i am off to by myself somfing on from that web sight called flebay :d

Pistonbroke - One of my pet hates as well.  I notice the BBC frequently get it wrong. Oh well! Declining standards.................................

While I agree I'd make sure my own spelling and punctuation were flawless if I were to post about it!

I do know people that say they 'brought' something when the meant 'bought'. Others only seem to type it. Perhaps that's dyslexia?

The one and only grammatical faux pas that really grinds my gears is when people say somethink or anythink. Most people do this.

Quick survey before I offend anyone with my appalling English skills, would the majority of members rather have posts that have accidental errors. Or not have posts from members who are likely to make mistakes?

So long as they are legible I don't care. There are a number of users on PistonHeads that must not be very bright as they claim to be unable to understand something with a simple error.

While I agree I'd make sure my own spelling and punctuation were flawless if I were to post about it!

I do know people that say they 'brought' something when the meant 'bought'. Others only seem to type it. Perhaps that's dyslexia?

I always cheque two make shore its write :t-up:

methinks people are confusing written "grammar" with oral "pronunciation".... my pet hate is when my children add 5 "likes" into every sentence..... :angry:

methinks people are confusing written "grammar" with oral "pronunciation".... my pet hate is when my children add 5 "likes" into every sentence..... :angry:

Grammar can have quite a broad meaning actually, it's not just written language..  So phonology, phonetics, pronunciation etc..even semantics.  All considered grammar.