Real snow

Davep1

I'm not surprised she cried Graham if she only got 3 inches on her wedding night :oops::d

Mark.....I walked into that one didn`t I ?

This is why I love this forum :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :laugh:

Ah my appologies for drifting off topic (see what i did there :d )

Indeed they're superb pictures Dave :yes: snow does make for some cracking photography :cool:

A couple more shots with snowtrac and effect of the wind!

IMG_1554_zps4cf03c4d.jpg

IMG_1557_zps44e71da7.jpg

Your photos have convinced me I must visit Scotland..........................beautiful.. :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Graham,

I really love the highlands and go there a lot  - but these shots are all taken only about 50 miles over the border from Carlisle!

Wanlockhead is the highest village in Scotland.

Dave

Snake pass 24th February 2005.

The triangle sticking up is a road sign.

interest11.jpg

Cracking photos! My girlfreind is currently in artic finland where studded tires and snowmobiles are the order of the day if you want to get anywhere and I'm gutted not to be able to get out there for a week but heyho!

7651.jpg

Daniel

Once took my old subaru on snow tyres to Norway in winter and thought it would be great - sadly everyone else was on studded tyres or snow chains and drove at 100km/h everywhere on ice - I remember the shock of a 20 ton HGV coming up behind me when I thought I was doing well at 70 km/h - I soon pulled in!

Is rallying still the national sport of Finland??

They certainly have natural driving talent in the snowy countries (or is it the vodka!)

Dave.

Yes, she said the same about the lorries!

They had a knackered out berlingo till one of the others roofed it running into a snow drift, now they have a old polo from the local (only) hire base.

Shes working for a ExPat and her Finish husband and the topic of choise is Huskies, adventure racing, and polar exploration, rather than motorsport.

I remember the shock of a 20 ton HGV coming up behind me when I thought I was doing well at 70 km/h - I soon pulled in!

Your photos have convinced me I must visit Scotland..........................beautiful

A mate and I have been going a couple of times each year to Scotland to play golf for the last decade, to either around Dumfries or Peebles.  We just love it...but this year we're doing something different....we're still going on our golf trips but this time to...the Outer Hebrides!  First trip the end of April, then back again for a competition in August.  Can't wait.